Security issue ??
Posted by: fixitnow (206.152.188.---)
Date: August 08, 2007 06:22PM

I am receiving this message at the bottom of my phpMyAdmin:

Your configuration file contains settings (root with no password) that correspond to the default MySQL privileged account. Your MySQL server is running with this default, is open to intrusion, and you really should fix this security hole.
Open new phpMyAdmin window

What is the procedure to correct?

russ

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Security issue ??
Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: August 08, 2007 06:42PM

Check Setup Password section on my site

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.net] (Basic Guide for WAMP)

Date: August 08, 2007 07:01PM

Does this mean I have to go to c drive and find config file in wamp and look for it.
Do I just insert my new password ?
phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in config.inc.php and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.
Error

MySQL said: Documentation
#1130 - Host 'localhost' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server
russ

Date: August 08, 2007 07:54PM

Does this mean I have to go to c drive and find config file in wamp and look for it.
Do I just insert my new password ?
phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in config.inc.php and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.
Error

MySQL said: Documentation
#1130 - Host 'localhost' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server
russ

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: August 08, 2007 09:52PM

read the phpmyadmin section of my WAMP manual (link to manual is in my sig).

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.