Pass free?
Posted by: manslayer111 (---.tyrdcmta01.tylrtx.tl.dh.suddenlink.net)
Date: August 08, 2007 07:07AM

I wanted to use this program to only allow people to download files from it. I don't want or need a password on it, how can I take it off?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pass free?
Date: August 08, 2007 09:14AM

Help please. sad smiley

Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: August 08, 2007 02:51PM

By default, wamp comes w/ no password, so if you didn't setup one yet, it has no password at all; however, if you access [localhost] and it shows up a login page, you might using w2k and have a problem w/ this wamp version, and if you access your web server by web ip and see the login page, it's your router's login, and you should know that username and password; of course, it has a solution to avoid that router's login page, email me if interested

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.net] (Basic Guide for WAMP)

Date: August 08, 2007 07:36PM

I think I'm just going to give up this stuff, it's too confusing.

I would like to allow people to download stuff from the site wherever they may be, is that possible?

Date: August 08, 2007 07:52PM

The answer is yes, and this is an example:

[downloads.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: August 08, 2007 09:55PM

if you are going to just offer downloads, dont use wamp, it is designed for local testing and development only, not to be a production server. upload your files for free to sites like rapidshare.com and megaupload.com and anyone you give the link to can download your file(s).

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Posted by: manslayer111 (---.tyrmcmta01.tylrtx.tl.sta.suddenlink.net)
Date: August 08, 2007 10:44PM

Well it would be nice to be told how to do that.
Also, apache wont start...

And to Cyber, you don't understand, I want to use it for my counter strike: source server. I need the website to be something like this "rawr.blah.com/cstrike"

Date: August 09, 2007 03:27PM

"counter strike"

he he... he he... ;-)

since this is off topic on this forum, so email me and I tell you what to do, and when you know what to do, it's not really hard to get what you want

my username + my domain = my email

Have fun,

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.