Lost MySQL Password
Posted by: newseed (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: August 08, 2007 04:29AM

For the life of me, I cannot recall what my login password is for the MySQL Console. I can access everything else (phpmyadmin, sqlitemanager). I don't ever recall using the Console but after reading the User Guide, i want to check a few things out.

Any suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lost MySQL Password
Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: August 08, 2007 05:14AM

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.net] (Basic Guide for WAMP)

Posted by: newseed (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: August 08, 2007 05:27AM

That doesn't work. I don't think the password for MySQL Console is the same as the one for phpmyadmin.

Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: August 08, 2007 02:54PM

he he... he he... ;-)

It MUST be because phpmyadmin is just a GUI for mysql, so everything you see in phpmyadmin is from mysql

Have fun,

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: August 08, 2007 10:01PM

yfastud, i dont mind you posting here helping people out, but if you are going to post nonsense that is not going to help them out, dont post it.

newseed, there is no password set for the mysql root user. so, when you open the mysql console, when it ask for the username, type root. when it asks for the password, since there is no password set, just press enter/return.

i suggest for security reasons you add a password for the mysql root user. you can see how to do that in the phpmyadmin section of my WAMP manual (link to the manual is in my sig).

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: August 08, 2007 10:19PM

yfastud, i dont mind you posting here helping people out, but if you are going to post nonsense that is not going to help them out, dont post it.
What do you mean nonsense? Did you read his other post that he stated that he's already delete user "root" and create another user and password with full privilege; then, he tried to use mysql console to log in w/ that new user, so if you don't have time to read all the posts, please don't try to offense people. Just my 2-cent.

Have fun,

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.