Can't Access phpmyadmin Panel
Posted by: newseed (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: August 08, 2007 02:51AM

I am not sure why this is happenning but I am now unable to access phpmyadmin. When I attempt to do so, I get this error:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-500 Internal Server Error

-The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

-Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

-More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can still access mysql, localthost and all the web sites I have installed. It's just phpmyadmin that I cannot access.

Now it's been about 3 months since I've accessed last. As I recall, I have set the DNS to be fixed to my router's ip setting because I needed Joomla 1.0.12 to be accessed by another computer on the same router. I did this so I would not have to go back into the DNS settings to find out what the new ip is.

This is the only thing I can think of. I did make some addition to a php.ini file that is related to Joomla's settings. The file I edited was located in the /tmp/ folder. The lines I add were the following:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
upload_max_filesize = 6M; // user specified max file upload size
session.use_trans_sid = 0; // user specified don't append session ids
register_globals = Off; // register globals on or off
post_max_size = 10M; // user specified post max size
memory_limit = 16M; // user specified Max amt of memory a script may consume (16Mcool smiley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, phpmyadmin is the only thing not functioning.

Any suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can't Access phpmyadmin Panel
Date: August 08, 2007 03:25AM

I found the problem. I forgot that I added an .htaccess file to the phpmyadmin folder for Joomla. (Don't ask me why).

Now I am able to access phpmyadmin but now I have a new problem that I have never seen before:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Cannot load mysqli extension. Please check your PHP configuration. - Documentation

Your configuration file contains settings (root with no password) that correspond to the default MySQL privileged account. Your MySQL server is running with this default, is open to intrusion, and you really should fix this security hole.

The mbstring PHP extension was not found and you seem to be using a multibyte charset. Without the mbstring extension phpMyAdmin is unable to split strings correctly and it may result in unexpected results.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I cannot see what would cause this. Any suggestions?

Date: August 08, 2007 03:42AM

Ok. I had another .htaccess in another folder that was causing some of the errors.

Still, I have one last error that is bugging me like crazy. In the phpmyadmin area, it gives this warning at the bottom:
------------------------------------------------------------------
Your configuration file contains settings (root with no password) that correspond to the default MySQL privileged account. Your MySQL server is running with this default, is open to intrusion, and you really should fix this security hole.
------------------------------------------------------------------

I only have two .htaccess files left but both of them were installed by default?

One is located in /sqlitemanager/ folder and it has nothing in it.

The other is located in /phpmyadmin/libraries/ folder and it the follwing in it:
----------------------------------------------------
# This folder does not require access over HTTP
# (the following directive denies access by default)
Order allow,deny
---------------------------------------------------

I think I have pretty much exhaust all the possiblities I could think of.

Please offer any suggestion that you may have.

Thanks.

Date: August 08, 2007 03:58AM

I love talking to myself. Well, I thought I managed to figure out what I needed to do and so I did it by adding a password to the 'root'@'localhost' user. I gave it a password and at the bottom where it said 'Create new user and blah blah blah... and I chose delate and remove old user.

Now, yes...that's right...another problem. Now, here's the new error and I know I am lost at what to do with this one:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in config.inc.php and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.
Error

MySQL said: Documentation
#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This occurs when I try to access phpmyadmin.

HELP! smiling smiley

Date: August 08, 2007 04:24AM

FINALLY ! I reallize that I deleted the 'root'@'localhost' instead of just creating a password. I remembered that I had another user listed that had full access and I remembered the username and password. So I had to edit the config.inc.php file to add that username and password and BINGO! I am back in the saddle again!

BOY! I LOVE THE SUPPORT HERE! Thanks for all your wonderful help!

What? Oh! All this time I was talking to myself! smiling smiley

Seriously, the User Guide shed some light on that late issue.

Now I am quitting before I break something else!

Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: August 08, 2007 05:12AM

I reallize that I deleted the 'root'@'localhost' instead of just creating a password. I remembered that I had another user listed that had full access and I remembered the username and password. So I had to edit the config.inc.php file to add that username and password and BINGO! I am back in the saddle again!
he he... he he.... ;-)

I've installed wamp on more than 100 machines for friends and always immediately create a GodAdmin and delete the "root" user right after that, and it actually more secure than leave it there. Anyway, check my sites for some other tips

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.net] (Basic Guide for WAMP)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.