phpMyAdmin
Posted by: PaulRaes (---.access.telenet.be)
Date: August 06, 2007 12:22AM

I just installed WAMP5 version 1.7.2 and try to go to phpMyAdmin.

I get a page with error 403 Forbidden: "You don't have permission to access /phpmyadmin/ on this server"

I searched on the forum and noticed that I'm not the only one dealing with this problem. Unfortanatly so far I could not find a solution for it.

I want to run the applications on my local computer with Windows 2000 pro.

Can someone help me out ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: phpMyAdmin
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: August 06, 2007 12:26PM

read the phpmyadmin section of my manual (link is in my sig)

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Posted by: PaulRaes (---.access.telenet.be)
Date: August 06, 2007 08:59PM

Thank you for the reply.
I have read your manual and also the very concise helpfile that comes with WAMP5 over and over. Nevertheless, I cannot figure out where it goes wrong:
• port 80 is available
• I even tried with changing to port 81
• I modified PHP Alias: to allow access to my IP address.

It’s quite sure that the program is OK (quite some people use it) and that I’m the stupid one. I’m willing to learn, but apparently so far no one manages to come down to my level.

Paul

Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: August 07, 2007 12:33AM

he he... he he... ;-)

it's not that you're stupid, but you're actually very very...

he he... he he... ;-)

just kidding, I mean you're one of unlucky ones because it seems a lot people using w2k having problem w/ this wamp

so, this is the best suggestion that you can't find from anyone or anywhere, go to Circuit City and buy a brand new desktop that comes w/ Windows Vista, Pentium D 925, 250GB SATA2 hard drive, 1GB DDR2 667, and 16x dual layer DVD-writer for only $200, compare to $150 for Windows Vista itself, and I can tell you that wamp is running perfectly on my Vista right now.

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.net] (Basic Guide for WAMP)

Post Edited (08-07-07 00:48)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: August 07, 2007 02:34AM

PaulRaes wrote:

> I have read your manual and also the very concise helpfile that
> comes with WAMP5 over and over.

read my post. i said "READ MY MANUAL (LINK IS IN MY SIG)." i did not say read the helpfile, i said my manual.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.