Permission denied errors with embeded files.
Posted by: J_M (117.102.1.---)
Date: August 03, 2007 03:07AM

I get permission denied errors when I'm running files locally on wamp.
How can I set chmod 777 access to local files? otherwise some scripts can't run locally.

I'm also running wordpress and I can't use php require statements to embed code into the pages. How can I counter that?
Thanks for help in advance.

Stay Cool!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Permission denied errors with embeded files.
Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: August 03, 2007 06:33PM

win doesn't comes w/ chmod so you can only use file/dir property which is not as good as chmod, of course; also, it depends on your script because some will auto set file/dir to read only even after you made a change in property

did you create db account for it before setup wordpress? I have no problem to install/run it for local/domain at all

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.net] (Basic Guide for WAMP)

Post Edited (08-03-07 18:49)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: J_M (66.206.34.---)
Date: August 03, 2007 11:55PM

Thanks for the reply yfastud. I can run wordpress in itself on my server too. Yes.
But what I was trying to do is, to use <?php require("..."winking smiley;?> commands in place of the whole header file for it. So that I can simply use the header for my website instead of having to re-write it all over again.
So I get permission errors using that command.

Stay Cool!

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: August 04, 2007 12:21AM

what is the exact error you are getting, including error code?

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.