help with uploading files
Posted by: momztools (---.hsd1.de.comcast.net)
Date: July 31, 2007 07:06PM

I need help uploading a file. I read the forums and went into php.ini under config and changed the file upload size and i still receive the same error. I'm trying to upload a template for joomla and this is the error message I am receiving:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in C:\wamp\www\includes\domit\xml_domit_lite_parser.php on line 135

can anyone help this newbie?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: help with uploading files
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: August 01, 2007 01:24AM

open your php.ini file ( c:\wamp\apache2\bin\php.ini ).

find:
memory_limit = 16M

change to:
memory_limit = 48M

save the file and restart apache for the new setting to take effect.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Posted by: momztools (---.hsd1.de.comcast.net)
Date: August 01, 2007 03:47AM

Thank you for the response. I have a local setup and I found the templates folder and just copied it directly, instead of the joomla way of uploading a file. That worked. However, I have a question on security. I changed my password, then followed directions from the forum and I think your site and put my password in the code. however , it locked me out of my joomla account. I undid my changes and deleted the password, and was able to get back into joomla. Now I'm not sure where to change the password information within that software so they can all communicate. Can you help?

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: August 01, 2007 08:02PM

i have never used joomla,. you should post that question in their support forum

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.