phpMyAdmin documentation browses very slowly
Posted by: tedzero (---.range217-43.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 20, 2007 05:18PM

I just downloaded and installed wamp5_1.7.2.exe.
It works well mostly, first go. This is a great improvement on trying to get php and MySQL to integrate by hand!
However, in phpMyAdmin, if I click a link to documentation, or ask to open a new phpAdmin window, my browser takes 30 secs plus of blank screen before it displays it properly. Moving around on the pages is also very clunky, with frequent freezes which last 30 secs or more. This does not happen when web browsing outside of WAMPManager, even with Apache and MySQL services running. After a few such accesses, my entire system slows right down, with CPU usage in the 60% - 80% range.
SQLiteManager also behaves in a similar manner if I try to access web based documentation from it. My Windows XP SP2 machine runs IE7. I am fully up to date on Microsoft critical updates. After I downloaded WAMP5, I used file Properties to unblock it. Windows Firewall is disabled, but I run McAfee (Virus scan only). In normal browser mode (outside of WAMP, but with both services running), I can access all websites via IE7 with no problems. My IE security settings are medium, but the problem occurs even if I set them so low that McAfee complains. I have a reasonably fast broadband line. Have others experienced this browser and system slowdown problem?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: phpMyAdmin documentation browses very slowly
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: July 22, 2007 03:31PM

that is normal for their website, nothing to worry about.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Re: phpMyAdmin documentation browses very slowly
Posted by: tedzero (---.range81-157.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 22, 2007 05:03PM

Thanks CyberSpatium - but there was more to it, and my system was locking up badly.

There was a real problem at my end, it turns out. I resolved this when I noticed that WAMP install had somehow picked up for my default browser the executable iexplore.exe in C\Windows\ie7 which has a date of 4 Aug 2004, i.e. has not been subject to Windows updates. This is set in three settings in C:\wampmanager\wamp.ini.

The settings should reference instead the iexplore.exe in C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer. This does get updated by Windows Update. Lines 274 onwards of my amended wampmanager.ini now read as follows:

[Menu.Left]
Type: separator; Caption: "WAMP5"
Type: item; Caption: "Localhost"; Action: run; FileName: "C:\Program files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"; Parameters: "[localhost];; Glyph: 5
Type: item; Caption: "phpMyAdmin"; Action: run; FileName: "C:\Program files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"; Parameters: "[localhost];; Glyph: 5
Type: item; Caption: "SQLiteManager"; Action: run; FileName: "C:\Program files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"; Parameters: "[localhost];; Glyph: 5

Everything is now up to speed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.