Getting my site online.
Posted by: Jeremy Sweet (---.sip.bna.bellsouth.net)
Date: July 15, 2007 07:32PM

I read all this topic [forum.wampserver.com]
and have did everything it says.

my domain name [flashrealmgaming.com] each time i try to connect, all it does is want to connect.but won't go to my site.

I am using Windows XP service pack 2.
Firewall is eTrust and yes port 80 does work, i have tested to see if it works on teamspeaks on my computer, by setting the port to 80 to join a channel.

Something i may doing wrong? Or maybe my firewall isn't configed to port 80?
Can someone tell me how i config my firewall where Port 80 will be allowed, if thats whats blocking it.

Do i like got to wait to Zoneedit.com to progate or something before it finally connects, i done this last night and fixed some stuff this morning..

Post Edited (07-15-07 22:01)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Getting my site online.
Posted by: yfastud (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: July 16, 2007 04:06AM

Check section Port Forward on my site, also check my recommend domain and hosting which is much cheaper than GoDaddy and very reliable, even Cyber, the one posted that manual, is using it.

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.net] (Basic Guide for WAMP)

Date: July 16, 2007 10:04AM

Well i believe i got it working, see what i am looking to do is host a small site for reselling stuff, which i know my computer can handle since there won't be much php and mysql involved.

The problem is now, all i am seeing is a Forbidden message on the domain i am using to test this, how can i set it up, where anyone can view my webpage instead of just certain people?

I figured out some of the reasons some can't get in is do to eTrust not allowing some people, what needs to be Allowed in the Zones for all access to work fine.

Post Edited (07-16-07 12:20)

Date: July 16, 2007 03:02PM

Well i believe i got it working
What do you see to make you believe that?

The problem is now, all i am seeing is a Forbidden message on the domain i am using to test this
First thing first, do you see your site locally?
For example, these 2 links will be seen the same:

[localhost] (Local)
[www.jlbn.net] (Worldwide)

I figured out some of the reasons some can't get in is do to eTrust not allowing some people, what needs to be Allowed in the Zones for all access to work fine.
The easiest way to test it is temporary disable or uninstall eTrust to check if wamp / your site working properly.

I personally recommend either Norton 360 or McAfee Internet Security Suite.

Have fun,

Post Edited (07-16-07 15:21)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: July 17, 2007 07:00AM

yes i can access my site through my ip and through localhost and through 127.0.0.1 and i can view it on the domain, but problem is, it goes out alot, once i reset my connection, it comes back in again.

Date: July 17, 2007 07:47AM

If I'm not wrong, I think you need to use some dynamic ip updater; google for some free ones.

Have fun,

Date: July 18, 2007 06:23PM

am on static ip, seems after adjusting my firewall settings some, seems my site is not getting knocked offline anymore..

now how do i get multi domains to work at the same time?

Post Edited (07-18-07 18:28)

Date: July 18, 2007 07:00PM

Answer for your question is VH; right now, I've only finished VH for local only, but if you're good in coding, it's not too hard to figure out from there, so head on to my site for Virtual Host section; if you're still confused, email me.

Have fun,

Date: July 18, 2007 07:19PM

Just got it working, i had to do something in Apache2/conf/httpd file.

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: July 22, 2007 03:53PM

post what you changed so if anyone else has the same problem, they can see what you did to fix that problem.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.