404 error after homepage
Posted by: xaxen (---.cg.shawcable.net)
Date: July 14, 2007 10:48PM

I appologize if this is redundant to other posts, I couldn't find anything through a search so I figured I'd ask.

So having problems getting things to work. I believe it's because of mod_rewrite but i'm not sure. So let me start at the beginning.

Wamp is installed, and phpMyAdmin works perfectly.
My virtual host is setup and pointing to a directory just off of C:\
Site is at [www.betabooth.com] in case you wanted to check it out...this is the site I'm trying to get working on my local computer.

I can get to the homepage, things look beautiful...but when I try to go to a sub page...any page...it barfs and gives me a 404 error. So for example "[local.betabooth.com]; works, but "[local.betabooth.com]; does not. No sub pages work.

I figured well maybe it's mod_rewrite, but that's enabled and doing a phpinfo shows that it's installed and running fine.

Well my second guess would be to look at the .htaccess file...nope, that doesn't have anything in it to change things. And even if I deleted everything in the file, same problem exists...

God I need a technician to help me, I'm just a front end developer! Please help me out guys!

Check out my site at [www.betabooth.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 404 error after homepage
Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: July 15, 2007 12:35AM

You might be interested to check out the section "virtual host for local" on my site

[www.jlbn.net] (Basic Guide for WAMP)

Posted by: xaxen (---.cg.shawcable.net)
Date: July 15, 2007 02:56AM

Nope, still nothing. I think it might be a problem with my application. I don't know why this **** happens to me. It's like I kicked the Zend Gods in the nuts or something.

Maybe I'll see if there is a Zend master out there who can figure this out. Thanks for the tutorial yfastud, although it didn't help me, i'm sure it will help someone!

Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: July 15, 2007 03:32AM

What application are you using? I might spend a little time to try it out and let you know the outcome.

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.net] (Basic Guide for WAMP)

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: July 22, 2007 04:14PM

404 errors are page not found errors. you are trying to access a web page that does not exist.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.