Two Website Configuration
Posted by: ChangBroot (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: July 12, 2007 01:34AM

Hello,
I tried to find the solution my problem elsewhere in the forum, but couldn't find any. Sorry if this is a repeat.

OK, I've installed WAMP 1.7 and Dreamweaver CS3 on Win XP Pro in my PC. I've two websites, but I can't work on one of them. The first website is working, but later I added the second site and now Dreamweaver give an error for the second website, not the first one.

So, can someone please help me on how to configure WAMP or PHP for more than one website?

My root directory (I think) is C:\myweb and my two sites are C:\myweb\1234 and C:\myweb\5678 (if www.1234.com and www.5678.com).

Thank you in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Two Website Configuration
Posted by: yfastud (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: July 12, 2007 02:50AM

Answer for your question is vh, so search this forum for virtual host and if lucky, you might run into some of my old post about it.

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.net]

Thanks for the reply
Posted by: ChangBroot (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: July 12, 2007 05:56AM

Thank you very much for your reply, but I'm not trying to host my sites. Rather, I want to practice and preview my websites at home in my PC.

Anyways, I've fixed it. The problem was in the Testing Server popup menu of Dreamweaver. One of my sites was working fine, but not the new one. So I made a few adjustments in the Testing Sever of the Managing Domains Wizard.

Thanks and I really appreciate your help and time.

Re: Two Website Configuration
Posted by: yfastud (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: July 12, 2007 06:02AM

Don't get me wrong, you can use vh for local only. Anyway, glad you found out the solution for your problem. BTW, if you do it good, you can go like this:

[site1]

Instead like this:

[localhost]

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.net]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.