cpu 100%
Posted by: apxeonTepukc (213.91.247.---)
Date: July 05, 2007 07:59PM

Hi ,
I`m having the folowing problem ,
The proccess from apache httpd.exe is using all my cpu usage .
My PC - AMD athlon 3500+ ...
Pls help me!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: cpu 100%
Posted by: malexs (---.prod-infinitum.com.mx)
Date: July 20, 2007 04:56AM

yes i am having the same problem.. i am using the latest version 1.7.2 ... i think there may be a bug in it.. so will try one of the older versions which you can find here [sourceforge.net]

Date: July 20, 2007 05:07AM

ok just had a look at my apache error log.. hundreds of lines saying the following

[Thu Jul 19 21:58:50 2007] [error] (OS 10038)An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket. : Child 5704: Encountered too many errors accepting client connections. Possible causes: dynamic address renewal, or incompatible VPN or firewall software. Try using the Win32DisableAcceptEx directive.

I am using Zone Alamrs firewall.. but i have used wamp previously with ZA without problem. I tried shutting down ZA but still get the error. anyone have any ideas?

Date: July 20, 2007 05:16AM

ok found the solution...

just add the word Win32DisableAcceptEx to the http.conf file which is located in C:\wamp\Apache2\conf. make sure you add it outside of any tags... like <Directory>, <VirtualHost>, <Location>.. so the easiest thing is to just put it on the first line.. it loads now and works fine...

odd how i never had to do this before.. and im using windows XP, when the posts i read said this was more of a win 2000 issue..

either way its working now so im happy. =)

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: July 22, 2007 03:34PM

yup, try Win32DisableAcceptEx . make sure remember to restart apache after editing the php.ini and/or httpd.conf file for the new changes to take effect.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.