change password
Posted by: kheius (---.tri-isys.com)
Date: July 04, 2007 07:27PM

how am i going to change my password? when i successfully change my password this error appears

Error
MySQL said:

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

julius montealegre

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: change password
Posted by: ken.tachyon (---.dfw.megapath.net)
Date: July 08, 2007 01:23AM

Run phpadmin and click "privileges".

It will show the root login. Under password it will say yes or no.

If it says no, you skip the old password field and enter the new one twice.

If it says yes, you need to know the existing password.

If you don't know it, run mysqld --skip-grants (or something like that-see doc) and then
change the password.

Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: July 15, 2007 12:50AM

You have to setup password in TWO PLACES. You might be interested to check out my site on section "Setup Password" for the idea

[www.jlbn.net] (Basic Guide for WAMP)

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: July 22, 2007 04:16PM

read my manual.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Posted by: tedzero (---.range81-157.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 22, 2007 05:19PM

I hit something like this. I changed my MySQL password for root@localhost from null to something using phpMyadmin, then found that phpMyAdmin got the message:

"Error
MySQL said:
#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)"

So I fixed \phpmyadmin\config.inc.php as instructed in the references above - but this didn't work!

So I reinstalled WAMP, and made the change again and it worked OK.

I then remembered that in phpMyAdmin the first time, I had made several other security changes in the same session, then had a browswer lockup (see the forum phpMyAdmin documentation browses very slowly), which I had to use Windows Task manager to kill. So I now surmise that this abnormal termination of the task had somehow led phpMyAdmin to leave other internal information scrambled.

Moral: When making security changes, do them one step at a time and exit phpMyAdmin after each to check the success before proceeding.

Post Edited (07-22-07 17:21)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.