Removing IIS7
Posted by: CheshireMan (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: July 02, 2007 11:03AM

Hi Folks,
Well I'm a newbie here and keen to try out WAMP.

Having had lots of problems trying to get Apache running on my new Vista PC I finally gave up and tried IIS7 - still no luck!!

So, finally I have found WAMP and want to give it a try asap!

I have installed WAMP but cannot run Apache as IIS7 is using port 80. I don't really want to change ports I just want to uninstall IIS7.

The problem is that IIS7 does not appear as a program to unistall. I understand it has to be removed as a 'feature' (control panel, programs & features, turn windows features on or off).

I have tabbed down to Internet Information Services and unchecked all boxes in
- FTP Publishing Service
- Web management Tools
- World Wide Web Services (I have left these checked as I don't believe these are to do with IIS7)

After a few minutes Vista confirms that the features have been removed. However, when I type localhost back into my browser (IE7) I still get the IIS7 screen!

So, any ideas on how to remove/unistall IIS7 would be much appreciated. I've trawled the web with no success.

Many thanks, Mark

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Removing IIS7
Posted by: yfastud (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: July 02, 2007 04:22PM

World Wide Web Services (I have left these checked as I don't believe these are to do with IIS7)
He he.... he he.... ;-)
That's the wrong move, and the reason why it's still conflict.
You MUST uninstall wamp, delete wamp in registry, uncheck Internet Information Services to disable everything, restart computer, then reinstall wamp
Good luck,
[www.jlbn.net]

Re: Removing IIS7
Posted by: CheshireMan (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: July 02, 2007 09:30PM

thanks yfastud,

I don't like messing with the registry (it scares me!) but seemed to work without doing that bit.
Thanks!

Mark

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.