php isn't working - 1.7.2
Posted by: dfobare (---.twmi.res.rr.com)
Date: June 30, 2007 07:41PM

I just installed wamp 1.7.2. I've been trying to get PHP & MySQL to work on WinXP/IIS. Actually, I was able to get PHP and MySQL to work separately just fine, but was unsuccessful in getting a connection to MySQL from inside of PHP.

But at least I could get them to work separately. Now with WAMP, I can't even get PHP to work. Opening up the \www\index.php doesn't trigger the wamp PHP at all, and I just get a bunch of junk. localhost in my browser still connects to c:\inetpub\wwwroot.

Please help!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: php isn't working - 1.7.2
Posted by: yfastud (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: June 30, 2007 07:56PM

It seems you've already had apache, mysql, and php before, and if it's true, you need to uninstall and wipe them out completely in both windows and registry before install wamp.

In order to run both apache and iis, you need to edit config file properly; check my old post here for the idea

[forum.wampserver.com]

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.net]

Date: June 30, 2007 08:11PM

I followed your instructions - and the following

[localhost]

does bring up the WAMP page properly. Except that mysql isn't listed as one of the loaded extensions. What am I missing?

Date: June 30, 2007 08:15PM

And just to make sure, I did a "sc query mysql" and mysql is not running, even after restarting wamp. Shouldn't that reload wamp's mysql?

Date: June 30, 2007 08:50PM

Ok, so I did a reboot. Now the wamp page shows mysql as being loaded. PHPmyadmin works. I re-hooked up Navicat, which I'm using as a frontend to mysql, and loaded in a table. Now when I try to do a mysql_connect('localhost:81','root','') call, I'm timing out. Any ideas?

Posted by: kjarli (---.upc-h.chello.nl)
Date: July 02, 2007 10:10PM

dont do the :81

and do:
mysql_connect('localhost','root','')or die(mysql_error());
to trigger and error

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.