PhpMyAdmin + Mysql Not working
Posted by: ali420 (---.per.connect.net.au)
Date: June 20, 2007 06:43AM

Hi, I've installed wamp on a windows NT machine that I'm using purely for web development. Apache and PHP work fine, going to [localhost] shows the correct page, and PHP scripts also work.

However whenever I try to access PhpMyAdmin, it gives the error message :

"#2003: The server is not responding."

Strangely enough, whenever I right click the Wamp icon on the system tray, it always has the 'Stop service' button disabled for Mysql and the start service button enabled (which means that MySql is never running). Even if I do click the start service button, the next time i right click, it stil shows it as not running.

Also, the icon says that "1 of 2 services is running."

However, when I go to Sql Lite manager, it runs fine. I'm not sure what the problem is here. Any ideas?

I'm fine with using Sql lite manager instead of PhpMyAdmin, though I'd still prefer phpmyadmin if I could get it to work. However, I don't know what mysql username and password I would use in my php scripts to connect to the database. The config.inc.php file of PhpMyAdmin shows root and a blank password, should I use the same?

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PhpMyAdmin + Mysql Not working
Posted by: ali420 (---.per.connect.net.au)
Date: June 20, 2007 12:48PM

Anyone?

Posted by: samE (---.clec.stat.centurytel.net)
Date: June 20, 2007 09:51PM

Interesting, I just downloaded an upgrade on this same date and have the same problem. I'm looking for the answer too.

Posted by: MRGTB (---.cable.ubr04.wiga.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: June 20, 2007 11:01PM

try installing wamp, and don't choose the option to run after install. Then re-boot your computer and try to run it. Thats wat I always do. To make sure the services get installed ok after re-boot. Don't choose the option to auto run services during the install either.

Posted by: ali420 (---.161.83.111.static.amnet.net.au)
Date: June 21, 2007 12:53PM

For anybody else who gets the same problem, I fixed it by manually running the file mysqld-nt.exe in the c:/wamp/mysql/bin directory. I just have to manually run it each time I restart my computer and it works like a charm.

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: June 21, 2007 01:37PM

make sure you do not have any other versions mysql installed and running. remove any extra mysql installs and try again.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Mortgage and Home Loan Advice:
Clarify Loans

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.