Date: June 18, 2007 04:56PM

ok having a prob with the mysql ext.

Fresh install and it doesnt seem like mysql is working with php

Server Configuration
Apache version :
Apache/2.2.4 (Win32)

PHP version :

Loaded extensions :
bcmath, calendar, com_dotnet, ctype, session, filter, ftp, hash, iconv, json, odbc, pcre, Reflection, date, libxml, standard, tokenizer, zlib, SimpleXML, dom, SPL, wddx, xml, xmlreader, xmlwriter, apache2handler

MySQL version :
Tools
phpinfo( )
PHPmyadmin 2.10.1
SQLitemanager 1.2.0

nothing is posted under mysql version both are running and i get this when i click phpmyadmin

phpMyAdmin - Error

Cannot load mysql extension. Please check your PHP configuration. - Documentation

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: php and mysql
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: June 18, 2007 07:53PM

this has been posted many times. enable the mysql extension in your php.ini file.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Mortgage and Home Loan Advice:
Clarify Loans

Re: php and mysql
Posted by: Geronimo (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: June 23, 2007 02:09AM

tsukasa wrote:

> ok having a prob with the mysql ext.
>
> Fresh install and it doesnt seem like mysql is working with php
>
>
> Server Configuration
> Apache version :
> Apache/2.2.4 (Win32)
>
> PHP version :
> 5.2.3
>
> Loaded extensions :
> bcmath, calendar, com_dotnet, ctype, session, filter, ftp,
> hash, iconv, json, odbc, pcre, Reflection, date, libxml,
> standard, tokenizer, zlib, SimpleXML, dom, SPL, wddx, xml,
> xmlreader, xmlwriter, apache2handler
>
> MySQL version :
> Tools
> phpinfo( )
> PHPmyadmin 2.10.1
> SQLitemanager 1.2.0
>
>
> nothing is posted under mysql version both are running and i
> get this when i click phpmyadmin
>
> phpMyAdmin - Error
>
> Cannot load mysql extension. Please check your PHP
> configuration. - Documentation

I have had this problem all day. What I did to resolve the problem.

I downloaded the latest version of php from php.net then ran the installer. It gave me the option to remove php so I did so(It doesn't remove any files from wamp). I think I had a install of php from ages ago, hence the conflict. This may be your problem too!

I proceeded to install the new version of php I just downloaded(PHP 5.2.3 installer windows binary) into the php folder in wamp directory and set the apache conf directory which is in the wamp/apache folder too during setup.

This resolved the problem for me but I am not sure if the installation of php was needed as I didn't check after the initial program removal.

This might work for you or others.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.