WAMP 1.7.2 & MySQL Error
Posted by: Saj (---.range86-150.btcentralplus.com)
Date: June 17, 2007 01:44AM

Hello,

I've just updated from WAMP 1.6x. Before doing so, I:

1. Made a backup of the www folder (my site directory);
2. Made a backup of the mysql/data folder.

I then removed WAMP via the control panel, deleted the entire WAMP directory and restarted the computer. I then installed WAMP 1.7.2 to C:\Program Files\Wamp

I then copied the back up files into the respective places in the new install. Although the PHP pages parse correctly, any page containing MySQL render a variation of the following errors:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'george'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in C:\Program Files\Wamp\www\george\forum\db\mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in C:\Program Files\Wamp\www\george\forum\db\mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in C:\Program Files\Wamp\www\george\forum\db\mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

or

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'george'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in C:\Program Files\Wamp\www\george\assets\scripts\db_connect.php on line 9
Access denied for user 'george'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Having perused the forums I understand the above is related to the way MySQL handles username/password encryption, but I still do not really understand how to fix this. Can anyone guide me please? (I'm relatively inexperienced MySQL wise, so a little spoon feeding would be appreciated).

Great work on Wamp, btw.

--Edit--
The mysql error log file shows:

070617 0:14:58 InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 43655
070617 0:14:58 [Note] C:\Program Files\Wamp\mysql\bin\mysqld-nt.exe: ready for connections.
Version: '5.0.41-community-nt' socket: '' port: 3306 MySQL Community Edition (GPL)
070617 0:19:45070617 0:19:45 [ERROR] Cannot find table forum2/acl_groups from the internal data dictionary
of InnoDB though the .frm file for the table exists. Maybe you
have deleted and recreated InnoDB data files but have forgotten
to delete the corresponding .frm files of InnoDB tables, or you
have moved .frm files to another database?
See [dev.mysql.com]
how you can resolve the problem.

Post Edited (06-17-07 01:57)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP 1.7.2 & MySQL Error
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: June 17, 2007 04:37AM

this is because you where using mysql 4 on your old wamp install. when you upgraded, you upgraded to mysql 5. if you had not backed up and saved your mysql data and just created some new databases, you would have been fine. however, since you are using mysql databases created with mysql 4 and now trying to access them with mysql 5, it wont work. mysql changed user privleges between mysql 4 and mysql 5. so, you are using mysql 5 but the privleges of your database are for mysql 4.

this has been posted many times before, so search the forums for OLD_PASSWORD

or check out
[dev.mysql.com]
[dev.mysql.com]

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Mortgage and Home Loan Advice:
Clarify Loans

Posted by: Saj (---.range86-150.btcentralplus.com)
Date: June 17, 2007 11:59AM

I managed to get around it by simply deleting all the users, and then recreating them via phpMyAdmin. Now trying to get GD to work ;-)

Thanks for your help Cyber!

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: June 18, 2007 08:21PM

search the forum for gd2, that has been posted many times

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Mortgage and Home Loan Advice:
Clarify Loans

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.