Apache won't start
Posted by: pteri498 (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: June 12, 2007 11:07PM

I just reinstalled WAMP to my computer. I wanted to test forwarding out on my domain, so I put it online.

Unfortunately, now that it's online, WAMP won't start Apache. It doesn't give me any errors or reasons, it just does nothing when I try to start it. Error logs aren't all that explanatory, either.

MySQL, on the other hand, starts up fine.

Any tips on getting Apache started up?

I'm running ZoneAlarm, by the way, if that makes any difference.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Apache won't start
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: June 12, 2007 11:45PM

what chages did you make to the httpd.conf and/or the php.ini file?

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Mortgage and Home Loan Advice:
Clarify Loans

Posted by: pteri498 (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: June 12, 2007 11:53PM

Fresh install. The only change I made was to change the listening port from 80 to 8080.

I have my router forwarding port 80 to my computer's 8080.

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: June 13, 2007 12:54AM

if you change the port from 80 to anything else, you will have to add that new port to the url

[]

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Mortgage and Home Loan Advice:
Clarify Loans

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.