Apache won't start
Posted by: y.budianto (---.dyn.iinet.net.au)
Date: June 06, 2007 04:59AM

I just downloaded and installed WAMP version 1.7.2.
When I run the program, the MySQL starts well, but not the Apache.
Everytime I try to start Apache is just tried to start it and then stop without giving any error messages. I've tried install service and it says 'Your port 80 is available, install will proceed' and 'Press enter to continue' when i press enter the command window shuts. Then I tried installing the services using install_services.bat it says Apache is already installed. Then I tried to run Apache Service Monitor, and try to start Apache from there, it says 'the requested operation has failed' error. And i tried to start it (wampapache) from services.msc it says 'the wampapache service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example the Performance Logs and Alert Services'.

I really don't know whats wrong. can anyone help?
Thank you.

Regards,

Y.Budianto

Yoel Budianto

Perth, Western Australia.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Apache won't start
Date: June 06, 2007 05:34AM

My Error log shows

[Wed Jun 06 11:29:49 2007] [notice] Apache/2.2.4 (Win32) PHP/5.2.3 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Wed Jun 06 11:29:49 2007] [notice] Server built: Jan 9 2007 23:17:20
[Wed Jun 06 11:29:49 2007] [notice] Parent: Created child process 2136
[Wed Jun 06 11:29:50 2007] [notice] Child 2136: Child process is running
[Wed Jun 06 11:29:50 2007] [notice] Child 2136: Acquired the start mutex.
[Wed Jun 06 11:29:50 2007] [notice] Child 2136: Starting 250 worker threads.
[Wed Jun 06 11:29:51 2007] [crit] (OS 1450)Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. : Child 2136: _beginthreadex failed. Unable to create all worker threads. Created 189 of the 250 threads requested with the ThreadsPerChild configuration directive.
[Wed Jun 06 11:29:51 2007] [notice] Parent: Received shutdown signal -- Shutting down the server.
[Wed Jun 06 11:29:52 2007] [notice] Child 2136: Released the start mutex
[Wed Jun 06 11:29:53 2007] [notice] Child 2136: Waiting for 189 worker threads to exit.
[Wed Jun 06 11:29:55 2007] [notice] Child 2136: All worker threads have exited.
[Wed Jun 06 11:29:55 2007] [notice] Child 2136: Child process is exiting
[Wed Jun 06 11:29:56 2007] [notice] Parent: Child process exited successfully.

I think the problem is in the:
[Wed Jun 06 11:29:51 2007] [crit] (OS 1450)Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. : Child 2136: _beginthreadex failed. Unable to create all worker threads. Created 189 of the 250 threads requested with the ThreadsPerChild configuration directive.

but i don't know how to work it out.

Thanks.

Posted by: dval (---.chrcitadelle.be)
Date: June 06, 2007 09:39AM

look at :
[apache.belnet.be]

I suggest : [httpd.apache.org]

enable following line = > # Win32DisableAcceptEx in the httpd.conf.
In this case correct is: Win32DisableAcceptEx

Problems Installing or Running Apache 2
If you encounter problems running Apache 2 under Windows, such as corrupted or incomplete file downloads, unexplained error messages, or a conflict with a software firewall, please place the following three directives in your httpd.conf configuration file to see if they eliminate the problems:

EnableSendfile Off
EnableMMAP Off
Win32DisableAcceptEx

The general problem is that many people install various add-ons to windows (such as software firewalls, virus checkers, etc) that break some of the advanced functionality that Apache uses to speed the sending of files. The above directives turn off the advanced functionality and make Apache fall back to more basic (but slower) techniques. This resolves most, but not all of the potential problems. If you continue to experience problems, be certain that there is no spyware installed on the box, which exhibits exactly the same sorts of flaws (often more obviously).

Post Edited (06-06-07 09:54)

Dval
(depuis la Belgique, enfin encore pour l'instant... pfff. quel pays :-)

Date: June 06, 2007 04:57PM

Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't fix up my problem.
I wonder what

"[Wed Jun 06 22:53:55 2007] [crit] (OS 1450)Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. : Child 3420: _beginthreadex failed. Unable to create all worker threads. Created 161 of the 250 threads requested with the ThreadsPerChild configuration directive."

means in the error line. Because i figure that it's the point where the error starting to occur and shut the apache down. Does anyone understand?

Thanks

Yoel Budianto

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: June 06, 2007 05:07PM

do a port check and make sure nothing else is using port 80, like another webserver ot skype.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Mortgage and Home Loan Advice:
Clarify Loans

Date: June 06, 2007 05:27PM

I finally get my thing to start by changing the
ThreadsPerChild value from 250 to 150.
I'm not really sure what effect it gonna bring to the running of the server.
Now I've succeeded getting online with the server, i tried to open my localhost from firefox,
but it takes so long (still waiting right now), and it consumes like 99% of my CPU time. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Yoel Budianto

Date: June 06, 2007 06:03PM

Thanks for the reply,

I finally succeeded running the apache by changing the ThreadPerChild value to 150, because my system can't handle more than that (don't know why).
After i finally got it online, I tried to open localhost via the menu and the firefox just connecting to localhost and do this kind of never ending load that consume a lot of CPU time. So I tried to enter my IP address (network ip address not internet ip address) to the address bar and I got a look of the localhost, but just for that once, now everytime i try to do that again, the page just show a blank page. I wonder why. Can anybody help?

Thanks.

Yoel Budianto

Posted by: Paul Ryan (---.pool.tvnet.hu)
Date: July 02, 2007 11:05PM

Yep, I had same issue of winampcache not starting. Turned out it was due to I presume Skype binding to port 80. HTH

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.