Wamp does not work when connected to a network
Posted by: Lostsoul (---.adsl.forthnet.gr)
Date: June 03, 2007 01:53AM

Hi everybody
I got a weird problem here after formating and reinstalling my whole system. Seems similar to others that are mentioned in the forum, but they did not actually answer my problem!

Every time i try to open Localhost or phpMyAdmin or SqliteManager and i am connected to the internet , IE and FF show a blank page and they try to connect to localhost without success.. I tried to use my internet ip adress (http://ip/ instead of [localhost] ) instead of localhost but it didnt work at all.. Any ideas?

I think that it is something with the network ip and localhost but i can figure out what.. i tried another server software (xampp) to see what happens and i got the same problem there, the only difference was that i could use my network ip instead o localhost to connect to the server.. (The problem is i got Dynamic Ip... and its not fun to use everytime a new ip to connect to the offline testing server)
I like wamp very much as a server software and it used to work perfect before the system format... and i d like to get it to work again as before...
Thank you all for your time
Hope you can help me out and point to something (article or whatever) that could be useful!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wamp does not work when connected to a network
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: June 03, 2007 05:31AM

read my manual

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.