Apache won't start - Gives error (Wamp5 1.7.1)
Posted by: ellisgl (---.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net)
Date: May 31, 2007 04:28PM

The procedure entry point real_exit_code could not be located in the dynamic link library libhttpd.dll

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Apache won't start - Gives error (Wamp5 1.7.1)
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: May 31, 2007 04:42PM

can you give me the whole error code message, including error code(s).

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Mortgage and Home Loan Advice:
Clarify Loans

Posted by: ellisgl (---.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net)
Date: May 31, 2007 04:50PM

title:
Apache.exe - Entry Point Not Found
Message (Red circle with white X) The procedure entry point real_exit_code could not be located in the dynamic link library libhttpd.dll (OK button)

Also I'm running XP 64-Bit edition if that makes any difference.

Date: May 31, 2007 09:29PM

[www.dlldll.com]

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans

Posted by: ellisgl (---.dfw1.dsl.speakeasy.net)
Date: June 01, 2007 04:16PM

I tried all sorts of DLLs from other distros and no luck. I ended up having to install XAMPP becuase I needed PERL.

Date: June 02, 2007 12:05AM

try posting this question in a more advanced forum. search google for windows support f forums.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Clarify Loans

Posted by: bugmenot (---.193-78-194.adsl-fix.skynet.be)
Date: June 05, 2007 11:11AM

I have the same issue with Wamp 1.7.1b. Previous versions of WAMP all worked, so it's probably a bug in this version. I'm running Windows XP SP2. I'll see if I can downgrade...

edit: I downgraded (and upgraded to 1.7.2 too), but only versions < 1.7.0 worked. I'm running 1.6.6 now. The only special thing I have is that I run Lasso ( lassosoft.com ). I haven't tried removing it to see if it makes a difference, but that seems like the only thing that could cause this.

second edit: It was related to Lasso, uninstalling and reinstalling Lasso fixed it.

Post Edited (06-12-07 13:59)

Date: June 06, 2007 12:01AM

you need to uninstall lasso, delete the folder lasso was in, uninstall wamp, delete the c:\wamp folder. restart, install latest wamp.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Clarify Loans

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.