REMOTE_USER
Posted by: shakhawat (202.56.5.---)
Date: May 28, 2007 10:30AM

i am using wamp 1.7 and my $_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'] is not showing any result why is that? do i need to configure anything?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: REMOTE_USER
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: May 28, 2007 01:17PM

$_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'] will only be available if you are using authentication.

[www.php.net]

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Web Development for Newbie's Blog

Posted by: shakhawat (202.56.7.---)
Date: May 28, 2007 06:44PM

Thank you very much for giving me the solution. But could you help me a little more... I am not fully clear what i have to do. All i want is that i want to see the value of
$_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'] so what will be the php script and for that authetication where to write what means step by step solution. I hope you will do me this favour. And one more thing i want to know is that if i want to see the value from the server can i see the value?
Thank You
Shakhawat

Date: May 29, 2007 04:35AM

i am using windows 2000
please give me step by step solution to get $_SERVER['REMOTE_USER']
i am using wamp 1.7.1a
i am facing serious problem if i could not find the solution..

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: May 29, 2007 06:44AM

it is not my job to write your code for you. the only way you are going to learn anything is to try it yourself. search google.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Web Development for Newbie's Blog

Date: May 29, 2007 08:41AM

i have searched almost 15 days (almost 100 hours) and i think it could be the bug in php the wamp server is using...... you misunderstood me... i prefer how to do rather you code for myself.... i have never faced this kind of problem in my 7 yers experience... Hope you have understood!
But thanx anyway for the help

Posted by: ZeZe (---.catv.broadband.hu)
Date: May 31, 2007 08:32PM

Try to post your question/problem somehow else.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.