Connecting to PHPMyAdmin has error message
Posted by: pixie (---.saix.net)
Date: May 26, 2007 12:18PM

I have just installed WAMP and when I have everything running and wamp on-line and I click on the link to phpmyadmin I receive this error...

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /phpmyadmin/ on this server.

What have I done wrong?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Connecting to PHPMyAdmin has error message
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: May 26, 2007 11:34PM

make sure wamp is in offline mode. when you are in offline mode, you access wamp with localhost and wamp is only accessable to you. if you are in online mode, you access wamp with your ip address. if your are in online mode, others can also access your wamp server with your ip address. wamp comes configured for security reasons with phpmyadmin set to only be accessible to localhost (you). this means only you will have access to it. so you need to access it using:
[localhost]

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Web Development for Newbie's Blog

Posted by: pixie (---.saix.net)
Date: May 27, 2007 09:10AM

Thanks for your help...
I set WAMP to be offline and mouse over icon says WAMPS-Allservices running-sever offline.
I then tried to access via [localhost]
I received the same error message

Post Edited (05-27-07 09:12)

Posted by: soniamit (---.176.120.193.bol.net.in)
Date: May 29, 2007 07:14AM

same error we also got.............. out of two apache is running fine... & mysql sevice is not running, i try every think .. no luck

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: May 29, 2007 10:44AM

[forum.wampserver.com]

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Web Development for Newbie's Blog

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.