Can't see my web page
Posted by: Shon Gale (---.atomixworld.com)
Date: May 24, 2007 05:11PM

I need help. I have an ActionTec DSL Modem with ports 80 and 21 forwarded to a LinkSys (Cisco) switch with the server connected to it. The switch also manages our local network.
I have a static ip address from my DSL provider. I have my domain name AtomixWorld.com routed to my static ip through nameservers. When you type in my URL you get my DSL modem setup. When I go to whatismyip.org it tells me that my ports are open. It seems the problem has to be in my server config. Any help is appreciated and my next move while waiting for a response is to call ActionTec. If this fixes it I will post.

Post Edited (05-24-07 18:41)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Static ip routing?
Date: May 24, 2007 05:25PM

No help from ActionTec!!!

Re: Can't see my web page
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: May 25, 2007 01:48AM

[portforward.com]

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Web Development for Newbie's Blog

Date: May 25, 2007 03:42PM

This is good and I appreciate your help, you got right back to me and you're awesome.
I have an ActionTec GT701 DSL Modem with ports 80 and 21 forwarded to a LinkSys (Cisco) switch with the server connected to it. The switch also manages our local network.
My ip address has been preset on the server to 198.162.0.5 with the main ip at the ActionTec is 209.181.61.93 and static, my problem is pointing the ActionTec (209.181.61.93) to the LinkSys where the server is (198.162.0.5) and I'm stuck. The ActionTec forwards ports to the LinkSys at 192.0.5 OK I run a browser there and go to WhatIsMyIp.org and do the port open test and it tells me my ports are open. So I don't know where to go from here. I thought it might be in my server config.
Any other ideas.
My server is setup to: Listen 80, when I put the ip there it don't work.
and also my ServerName www.atomixworld.com:80 which is a registered DNS and nslookup returns this
Name: www.atomixworld.com
Address: 209.181.61.93
So I'm stuck and appreciate all help.
Shon Gale

Post Edited (05-25-07 15:48)

Date: May 28, 2007 04:06PM

So I had reached the end of my rope and was totally, 25 years in networking and programming and I was getting pissed. So I called Qwest and lowered the boom! I got my static ip 25 days ago and it took me this long to get it. I told Qwest to cram their service and I quit. I called Frontier DSL and they told me they would help me get as many servers up as I could do and that's what I told Qwest that if they didn't do the same thing the competition would do I was gone to the competition. Amazing thing happened then. My web page started working and my bandwidth is awesome. I had peer to peer links and the web server going on one machine and was web surfing on the other 3 machines on my local network like a champion. So they must have been blocking port 80 and then unblocked it.
I really appreciate you folks help and now it is on to complete the MySql config and add FTP and Mail services. So once again THANKS
check out our new web site www.AtomixWorld.com
it is in it's infancy but will do way kewl things soon.
Shon Gale
CIO
Atomix Group LLC
an Oregon Corporation

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.