Bug in 1.7.1
Posted by: ckosloff (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: May 22, 2007 09:46PM

Let's get the facts.
I am testing Zen Cart, a script that can work in PHP5, but is supposed to work in PHP4.
I installed it in previous version of WAMP (1.7.0) and then installed PHP4 add-on for that version and never had a problem, it switched back and forth between the two versions of PHP without a glitch.
Then I decided to "upgrade" to the latest version and after installing the PHP4 add-on for this latter version, it doesn't go to PHP4 anymore, the script loses connection to the database, which is restored upon returning to PHP5.
I have tried everything: uninstalled-reinstalled several times, wiped the registry, deleted the whole directory, rebooted computer, etc.
Finally, I came to the conclusion that the add-on for the latest version is defective.
Can somebody please acknowledge that there is a problem and do something about it?
Thanks.

ckosloff

Re: Bug in 1.7.1
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: May 23, 2007 01:03AM

just above the link to download wamp is this message:

"WARNING : WAMP5 1.7.* cannot be upgraded from previous branchs of WAMP5. You need to back up your data, uninstall the previous version of WAMP5 and install 1.7.0.
Next releases will be upgradeable."

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Web Development for Newbie's Blog

Date: May 24, 2007 04:48AM

Cyberspatium,
Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but you are missing the point.
Still not acknowledging the existence of a bug.
I did not upgrade anything.
It was a clean install of 1.7.0.
I NEVER had anything before that.
If you think that there isn't a bug, why don't you try it?
Install the add-on on 1.7.1 and check if it switches back and forth.
Would love to hear what the outcome was.
If you are unable to address this issue, please forward to the development team.
Thanks.

ckosloff

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: May 25, 2007 01:31AM

if you do a reinstall make sure you delete the c:\wamp folder before reinstall

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Web Development for Newbie's Blog

Date: May 26, 2007 06:34AM

Cyberspatium,
Your answers are totally irrelevant and off the point.
You are not acknowledging that there is a bug in the software.
FYI, I not only deleted the install folder but also all references to wamp in the folders or in the registry BEFORE reinstalling.
ONLY AFTER THAT I started to post, AFTER HAVING EXHAUSTED all normai troubleshooting procedures.
This simple point doesn't seem to get across to you.
You cannot deal with this because you are not the author of the software, so please let them know that THERE IS A BUG WITH THE NEW ADD-ON.
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

ckosloff

Posted by: TwistedChaos (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: May 28, 2007 09:03PM

ok first off the add-on is not defective... it works fine...

second what version of zen cart are you using? third what os are you using....

i have the php4 add-on working 100% on all three systems i have

XP VISTA AND SERVER 2003

i have not seen any problems... the only problem i saw was that in the latest edition of zen cart it seemed to hang in php4 because it was redone for php5 which has become the standard now....

A Massive Heart Attack = Computer Crash sad smiley

I am a member of CAF -> Computer Addicts Forever smiling smiley

Date: May 29, 2007 06:57PM

1) Zen Cart 1.3.7 latest.
2) OS: XP service pack 2 32 bits, with all the updates installed.
3) Zen Cart has not been redone for PHP5, it still does not support PHP5, not tested sufficiently, at least that's what the developers say in the Zen Cart forums. Please do a search on them.
4) I KNOW that the add-on works for 1.7.0, just doesn't work for 1.7.1. Did this point get across to you?

Please answer that.
Thanks.

ckosloff

Date: May 31, 2007 09:21PM

What, no answer?
So it is defective after all.
Thanks for all the help and prompt replies, moderator et al.

ckosloff

PHP4 DB Connections - Re: Bug in 1.7.1
Posted by: GreggShort (---.chi01.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: July 27, 2007 06:58AM

With WAMP Version 1.7.2 and 1.7.3, switching to PHP4 will break any connections to MYSQL databases that were made in PHP5. The problem is that PHP4 can't use the long passwords that are used in PHP5. If you try and connect to the database with PHP4, you will get an error. You need to follow the instructions here: [dev.mysql.com]
to reset your passwords to something that PHP4 can handle (it will not FUBAR your PHP5 settings, so long as you use the same password)

I'm guessing that WAMP5 was compiling MYSQL with the -oldpasswords option pre 1.7.1 so the problem never occurred.

Hope this helps someone... It took me a long time to figure this out!!!

G._

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.