Problem with MySQL
Posted by: Tristram (---.bk6-dsl.surnet.cl)
Date: May 15, 2007 03:32PM

Hi,

Sorry to bother you, but I´m a real newby to WAMP and LAMP, etc, please have patience with me!

I´m trying to install WAMP, but the Wamp tray icon tells me only 1 service is running, and apparently it´s MySQL which is not working, as when I press "MySQL start/resume service" the Wamp tray icon goes momentarily white, but reverts to yellow/ white after a few seconds. Apache seems to be working.

My OS is Windows 2000, service pack 4.

I installed MySQL 5.0.37 on it´s own some time ago, in order to get familiar with it; I have a password to make it start up which I haven´t been able to incorporate in the WAMP settings.

When I try to access phpMyAdmin, or [localhost] for that matter, I get an error page
(I live in Chile, so everything´s in Spanish, which doesn´t help):

No está autorizado a ver esta página
(You´re not authorized to view this page)

HTTP error 403 - Prohibido
(i.e. Forbidden)
Internet Explorer

I think I managed to disable NOD32 before installing WAMP (the last few times!)
Also, I turned off Skype and RealVNC, as otherwise Apache doesn´t start up.

Please help me if you can, I am getting really frustrated with this process. I have read your manual and many of the forum topics, but haven´t found solutions to these problems.

Thanks a lot,

Tristram

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Problem with MySQL
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: May 15, 2007 09:16PM

you need to uninstall the mysql you installed.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

I have put one of my one word domains up for action at ebay - Moistest.com
Click here to see the auction

Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Web Development for Newbie's Blog

Re: Problem with MySQL
Posted by: Tristram (---.bk6-dsl.surnet.cl)
Date: May 16, 2007 01:15AM

Thanks a lot for your help, Cyberspatium ! I´ll try it as soon as I get a spare moment.

Tristram

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.