Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
WAMP5 1.7.1 needs fix for vista
Posted by: Pedro (---.net.novis.pt)
Date: May 09, 2007 02:19PM

Hi, i already posted 2 messages in the forum about problems i have with nod32 and the last version of wamp5. So what i deed in the mean time was to shutdown my antivirus and try to install again the last version of wamp5. I found that again i was unable to install it because of 2 tmp files. So i'm seending this new post to ask for a fix to this issue. it seems some kind of problem with vista. Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP5 1.7.1 needs fix for vista
Posted by: Aelux (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: May 10, 2007 06:53AM

I have vista....I had no problems installing what-so-ever, so it's probably still a firewall or antivirus problem for you. I know, since I have bitdefender, that it slows installing things down as well as hinders them from installing period and I can usually remedy this by turning off real-time protection. Hope this helps.

Posted by: Aelux (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: May 10, 2007 06:56AM

OMG......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA, by saying that, it made me think about my firewall and my issue with mysql not connecting HAHAHAHAHA.....thanks man, cause it was my bitdefender firewall that was not allowing it to connect to mysql....HAHAHA, wow it doesn't get any more ironic than that.

I hope you find a solution to your problem.

Posted by: enegron (---.cust.o2.ie)
Date: May 10, 2007 12:08PM

Having the same problem here as posted by Pedro, previous post already posted as well

Date: May 10, 2007 12:31PM

Aelux... no this is definitely not a firewall or antivirus problem. Even with the 2 turned off it's impossible to install it in vista. And this is confirmed because i'm not the only one with this problem, my colleagues and friends are having the same problem with the last wamp5 version in their windows vista computers.... So, we're waiting for the release of a new fixed version, because with the previous versions we don't get any problems in vista, only with this.

Posted by: roms (---.w193-251.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date: May 10, 2007 12:34PM

Hi pedro, could you explain me more precisly what happens when you try to install WAMP5?
Another necessary information, are you doing an upgrade or a first install?

Romain

Date: May 10, 2007 12:50PM

Hi, i'm doing a first install, because i always uninstall the last version before upgrading to a new one, only backing up mysql data, and then removing all folders created by wamp5 in the pc . And the problem we're having is this: during the install, wamp5 gives 2 errors about not being able to install 2 files necessary for the intire process, when ignoring this and continuing the installion the startup of the application fails. This is with my antivirus (nod32) turned off, because with him tun on, it says that that 2 files are a new kind of heuristic virus, and put's them automaticaly in the quarentine folder. Wierd confused smiley

Date: May 10, 2007 02:21PM

To add to Pedro, i am actually doing an upgrade, indeed NOD32 goes nuts and the install throws up error code 2 about temp files that cannot be copied

Posted by: TheProphet (---.dynamic.caiway.nl)
Date: May 10, 2007 09:29PM

I got the same problem as the topic starter..
Made a screenshot of it.

Installation error:
[img365.imageshack.us]

The NOD32 v2.7 error:
[img398.imageshack.us]

I hope they will bring out a fix for it, im using this app also for a long time now tongue sticking out smiley

Post Edited (05-10-07 21:31)

Date: May 11, 2007 01:20AM

Yes, the errors that "TheProphet" shows in his screenshots are exactly the same that me and my colleagues are experiencing.... I hope they fix this problem, because i love this program and i'm using it for a long time now to.

Posted by: roms (---.w193-251.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date: May 11, 2007 01:02PM

Thanks for the screen shots, i'm going to try to work on it this week end.

Apparently what happens :

- the temporary file is detected as SPAM by NOD32 and moved to quarantine
- when the installer tries to rename this temporary file to its real name (wampserver.exe) this temp file is missing (the file is in quarantine)

So I'm going to try to find out why NOD32 thinks that the file is infected. Apparently no other antivirus detects that.

Romain

Date: May 11, 2007 02:49PM

Ok thanks in advance, but let me say that even with the nod32 disabled, and even in other windows vista pc's with other antivirus, the problem still persists...we think that's something with the installer...Thanks again and keep the good work !!

Date: May 11, 2007 03:10PM

Pedro

This is definatly related to nod32, i managed to install it by stopping nod completely, to do this you need to disable the nod32 kernel service by setting it to disabled in services.msc, then reboot. After this you can install wamp5 1.7.1 and when done reenable the service and start it.

Although its not the preferred way ofcourse it will allow you to install it.

I have done it this way on Vista Business with Nod32

Posted by: dval (---.165-244-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be)
Date: May 11, 2007 08:23PM

-deleted- Enegron have the solution :-)

Post Edited (05-11-07 20:25)

Dval
(depuis la Belgique, enfin encore pour l'instant... pfff. quel pays :-)

Posted by: roms (---.fbx.proxad.net)
Date: May 12, 2007 12:23AM

I tested the file with several antivirus :

Trend Micro
Kapersky
Norton
pandasoft

Nothing has been detected.

Romain

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: May 12, 2007 03:37AM

I tested withL:

Norton 360
Spysweeper
Ad-Watch

nothing detected.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Web Development for Newbie's Blog

Date: May 12, 2007 03:43AM

Hi, just has "Enegron" told us to do, i was able to install WAMP5 1.7.1 without the initial problems. But in the mean time, i found that Nod32, that is working now in his realtime scanning, is putting in his quarentine's folder some files created by WAMP5 in the c:\windows\temp folder in Vista. So this is definitely a incompatibilty between this antivirus (that for me is the best) and the WAMP5 application (that for me ist the best one too). I hope this issue can be fixed in the next release of wamp5, and by the way the problem with the config.inc.php of phpmyadmin that seems to be missing in this last version. Thanks and keep the good work !!

Date: May 14, 2007 10:13AM

Nod32 is not giving up so easy :

File D:\Wamp\wampmanager.exe is infected with probably unknown NewHeur_PE virus.

Date: May 14, 2007 11:56AM

That's it eregron.... I already posted a message here evidencing the same thing.... Nod32 is detecting "wampmanager.exe" file as a NewHeur_PE virus also in my pc, even after i could install it disabling the nod32 kernel service.... I sincerely hope this may became fixed in next releases.

Posted by: TwistedChaos (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: May 14, 2007 12:48PM

tested with:

CA Anti-Virus
CA PestPatrol
NOD32

might just be nod32 on vista as my copy on XP does not report so..........

A Massive Heart Attack = Computer Crash sad smiley

I am a member of CAF -> Computer Addicts Forever smiling smiley

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.