WAMP/ Local
Posted by: ChompGator (---.abhsia.telus.net)
Date: May 09, 2007 02:53AM

Hey everyone, I had a quick question, a friend of mine had his wamp server set up so that he could give you his IP Address and when you typed in
[his-ip] it would show you the website he's running locally on his machine. Well, me I trying to set up the same thing, but the problem is I have a router set up, and Im just wondering how I get around this little problem so I can give out my ip (http://my-ip/)
and when a friend types it in it will show him what Im running locally for a webpage..

Anyone framilar with how to do this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP/ Local
Posted by: azbiza (---.cibernet.ro)
Date: May 09, 2007 02:19PM

In the router there is possible to redirect the orts, ex: if yopur wampserver is set to suse port 80 you set the router to redirect any calls that arrive on that port to you subnet ip

Posted by: ChompGator (---.abhsia.telus.net)
Date: May 10, 2007 09:05AM

So, I should set the router
to redirect to my subnet IP which is 255.255.248.0?

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: May 10, 2007 01:35PM

[www.thescripts.com]

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Web Development for Newbie's Blog

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.