denied access to phpmyadmin- evencreated own config.inc.php
Posted by: webwannabee (---.tbaytel.net)
Date: May 08, 2007 06:50PM

Another confused newbie: from all the great wampserver tutorials, I gather I change password for root user in phpmyadmin, then go to 'config.inc.php' (was none, so I created a new php file, and cut/paste from the config.inc file already in there)..left root as was, and
set password (where thta great wamp guide said to) to same password I entered in 'change password (phpMyadmin>priveleges>edit user) I am still denied access and don't know why. Maybe I set the wrong url ($cfg['PmaAbsoluteUri'] = 'localhost/phpmyadmin/'winking smiley and the phpmyadmin folder is in C:\wamp\phpmyadmin. Have done this several times, installed/uninstalled wamp serveral times (because, once I'm denied access, of course, the wamp is useless to me, unless u know of a way to get around thissmiling smiley (starts crying)

Post Edited (05-08-07 22:32)

thanks for this forum..trying to run Joomla beta 1.5 (wamp5 is best)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: denied access to phpmyadmin- evencreated own config.inc.php
Posted by: dashep (80.238.8.---)
Date: May 10, 2007 01:56PM

I logged into phpmyadmin and set password. After that I could not get in without receiving some sql error.
I found I didn't have a config.inc.php either so copied the sample like yourself. Tried phpmyadmin login again and was told to assign the $cfg['blowfish_secret'] in config.inc.php file. Did this and logged in successfully using the root password I previously assigned.
Does this help?

*Yup... Still not working.*

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: May 10, 2007 05:27PM

to learn how to setup phpmyadmin see my manual

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Web Development for Newbie's Blog

Posted by: dval (---.chrcitadelle.be)
Date: May 11, 2007 03:47PM

Hi, simply copy (= duplicate) the existing file config.inc.install
to a new config.inc.php an then , at line 31, complete (modify) with :

$cfg['PmaAbsoluteUri'] = 'http://localhost/phpmyadmin/';

stop and restart all services in wamp and test.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.