how to make the program working.
Posted by: nitewalk (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: May 08, 2007 02:44AM

Hi, I have a problema, after i donwload wampp, I create a small program:
<?php
print "Hello world";
?> after i saved in the www folder as test.php and when I compile the program from my explorer browser the program come as html document. Do I have to change anything in the httpd.conf. file beside the Port from the value 80 to 81? If anybody anybody can help me I will be glad.
Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how to make the program working.
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: May 08, 2007 05:03AM

save the file as index.php and put it in the wamp document root (the document root is where apache expects to find all your website files, html, css, php, images, etc) at c:\wamp\www.

now start wamp. now open your browser and in the address bar type this:
[localhost]

if you are a newbie to all this check out my manual.

Also, here are some recent posts you maybe intested in from my Web Development for Newbies blog:

Introduction to PHP
This is the perfect tutorial for those who want to get started with php, but don’t know where or how to start.

PHP Programming Basics
Here is the perfect tutorial for anyone with no, or limited knowledge of PHP to start off with the basics and work your way up from there

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP

User Manual/Guide
here!

Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development

newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if

you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development

tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Web Development for Newbie's Blog

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.