Thank you for WAMP
Posted by: Anonymous (88.240.191.---)
Date: April 27, 2007 02:59PM

To all developers and contributors of the WAMP project,
I have been developing in PHP for over 5 years now. I have used Apache 1.3.x, PHP 4.x and MySQL 3, MySQL 4 mostly in the past.

Since MySQL 5 demanded to be used with PHP 5, I found a temporary solution to connect PHP4 with MySQL 5 which resulted in a really slow page loading which made developing tormenting for me.

Today, I have stumbled upon your site while searching at google to overcome the slowness issue. To be honest I always wanted to try PHP 5 but did not have the guts for it as I had many projects coded for PHP 4. I gave a chance at PHP 5 now because of the slowness issue and downloaded & installed WAMP's latest version.

After I installed it, I was amazed to see that all of my previously coded projects were running at full speed and without any problems. And I was also amazed to see how easy it was to manage Apache, PHP and MySQL through the wampserver agent in the systemtray.

To cut it short, WAMP is the best solution to utilize PHP, MySQL and Apache since phpTriad. Thank you guys & gals and keep up the good work!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thank you for WAMP
Posted by: roms (---.w193-251.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date: April 27, 2007 04:17PM

Thanks ;-)

And if you really need PHP4, you can still install the PHP4 addon on WAMP5!

Romain

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.