Cannot turn on services!
Posted by: wingman (210.184.231.---)
Date: April 24, 2007 04:06PM

I cannot turn on the services. I click the tray icon, it comes and then turn back to "off".

Please advise me the possible problems!!!

Secondly, some books suggest to turn "register global" on for testing purposes.

I know it is risky to doing that.

But for testing only, is that to click the tray icon on the bottom tray and click "php setting" and click again on "register global" with "refresh" on the top of the column. Until a little arrow appears next to the "register global" that means this function is setting 'ON'.

Is that right!

Or else, what should I do with the php.ini file.

That php.ini files does not appear in c:\WINDOWS

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cannot turn on services!
Posted by: WizD (---.l3.c2.dsl.pol.co.uk)
Date: April 24, 2007 08:56PM

How about if you backup your config files and then reinstall WAMPserver, this time choosing the 'start automatically with windows' option?

Re: Cannot turn on services!
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: April 25, 2007 02:05AM

WizD wrote:

> How about if you backup your config files and then reinstall
> WAMPserver, this time choosing the 'start automatically with
> windows' option?

no, reinstalling wamp and enabling 'start automatically with windows' will not solve his problem. that just starts apache and mysql every time you start your computer.

also wingman, DO NOT turn on register globals. enabling them is a HUGE security risk, that is why they were disabled by default starting with php 4.2 by the php development community. do not enable them. you also need to write scripts with register globals off because when you upload your scripts to your web host, they will have register globals off and will cause your script to not work.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Please visit my latest website Clarify Loans:
clarifyloans.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.