PHP Glitch or what exactly?
Posted by: andrew79 (203.94.60.---)
Date: April 22, 2007 03:07PM

Hiya, I had my webserver up and running fine with my php forum today, many thanks to WAMP SERVER, however, after adding various users and modifying settings within the forum itself from a remote pc via local lan address, i went to save the settings i had made, and it will no longer show the php page. I can bring the php forum page up as/on localhost system but not any other system outside on www or local lan, yet the html works fine on outside & lan systems... almost as if the php has stoppped functioning... i have not made php config modifications of any kind, and the forum does not either. Any suggestions toward this odd behaviour...? I have tried already to restart system, and restart server and also done a repair install of wamp to no avail...

It was working fine for about 30 minutes....

Help Please!

Drew

whatever will be will be...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PHP Glitch or what exactly?
Date: April 22, 2007 04:38PM

l, just solved my own problem, and also a few others on the forum relating to apache not starting; So hope this helps all and prevents loss of data...

If your apache is not starting, and control panel>admin tools>event viewer>>application is showing a number of apache service errors, and the errors have some detail when opened to do with; line 114 of httpd.exe, plus ssl module, then this is for you...

click wamp admin button, and config files, locate httpd.conf and open, scroll to very bottom of page to locate this text;

<Lfmodule ssl_module)
SSLRandomseed startup buletin
SSLRandom seed connect bulletin
</Lfmodule>

then change to this:

#<Lfmodule ssl_module)
#SSLRandomseed startup buletin
#SSLRandom seed connect bulletin
#</Lfmodule>

Save file, then stop all services, then start all services, apache should now be working... However will post further to getting php back up, as i am still getting blank page and never changed any settings from clean install....

good luck till then

Drew

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: April 22, 2007 09:16PM

read my manual and it will solve all your problems

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Please visit my latest website Clarify Loans:
clarifyloans.com

Date: April 23, 2007 01:50AM

Thankyou, yes read your manual head to toe, but does not solve the issue i am having, though your manual is very useful, i still can;t access the server from local network via the IP anymore, and not certain why, as i did not change any settings, but the good news is it is, it's now accessible from outside my router on the WWW... I hosnestly don;t know why or how, just started working again? I might also re-itterate that HTML works across my local Network but PHP will not load on local network, but will everywhere else... I assume this is software bugs in wamp? Considering that it worked perfectly yesterday for a good 30 minutes, then decided to have a hissy fit with no prompting to do so since that hissy fit, i can;t get php showing on my local network, but works fine on WWW and the localhost server, which is a real pain!?#%&*

Post Edited (04-23-07 02:38)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.