Apache Sever
Posted by: selyah (---.nwrk.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 18, 2007 05:06AM

Hello:
I recently upgraded from Windows XP to Windows Vista Home Basic and have not being able to get the Apache Service to work.
When I go the Services to manually start the Apache Service, I am getting the following error "Windows could not start the wampapache on local computer. For more information review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service contact the service vendor and refer to service-specific error code 1".
Since I am new to this, looking at the event viewer did not make the resolution of the problem any easier.
If any one is having this problem and found a resoultion, could you please pass along your solution.
Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Apache Sever
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: April 18, 2007 08:06PM

wait for yasfud to check the forums today, he is a vista user and can help you out.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Please visit my latest website Clarify Loans:
clarifyloans.com

Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: April 18, 2007 10:12PM

So you installed wamp before or after upgraded to vista? No matter what, just temporary disable UAC, win defender, and win firewall, then try to run wamp again. If successful, enable back those 3 one by one, and make sure to test wamp after each enable to find out which one stop wamp.

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.net] (testing WAMPS)
[test.jlbn.net] (testing codes)

Post Edited (04-18-07 22:26)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: selyah (66.0.172.---)
Date: April 19, 2007 04:04AM

I disabled UAC, win firewall, and win defender, and still Apache server is still not working

Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: April 19, 2007 01:21PM

It's not I don't trust you, but post here how you disable each of them. BTW, what soft you use for firewall because some firewall still block wamp even you've already diable it, check this post for reference:

[forum.wampserver.com]

Posted by: selyah (---.tmodns.net)
Date: April 21, 2007 02:02AM

ok, so I disabled UAC and the others and now I am able to get the apache server not being blocked. The next problem now is that when I preview my web pages, I am only getting the Localhost page.
I have not rebooted my computer as yet so I donot know if it is functioning ok

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.