windows vista
Posted by: selyah (---.nwrk.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 16, 2007 07:41PM

I just upgraded to Windows Vista Home Basic and thought everything was working ok until i discovered that i am not able to preview my websites from my wamy server. Upon checking my host file, I discoverd that all of the sites that i had entered into the "host" file were gone.
I rentered them, I am getting the "windows cannot save or create this file. Make sure that the disk you want to save the file is not full, write protected, or damaged".
Is anyone getting this messages and is there a bug with Windows Vista relating WAMP.
Thanks in advance for any assistance or help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: windows vista
Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: April 16, 2007 08:04PM

I've just got this new "baby"

[ur]http://forum.wampserver.com/read.php?f=2&i=13155&t=13054#reply_13155[/url]

It comes w/ vista basic too and wamp working fine w/o any problem; beside this one, I have another 2, 1 comes w/ vista premium, and I've installed my free vista business that I've got from M$ on my desktop, they all have wamp and all working fine too, so it's definitely not vista's bug, but your installing and/or configuration's problem.

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.net] (testing WAMPS)
[test.jlbn.net] (testing codes)

Re: windows vista
Posted by: techno_man (---.20-57-74.mc.videotron.ca)
Date: April 16, 2007 08:05PM

well, my friend ^selyah^
******* maybe its windows firewall **************
check please and make certain its allowing wamp5 and all !!
youll have to check in advance options to *allow* certain things to come in and go out on different ports threw *windows firewall advanced options*

Post Edited (04-16-07 20:25)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.