loads of questions
Posted by: techno_man (---.20-57-74.mc.videotron.ca)
Date: April 12, 2007 04:48AM

From: CyberSpatium --- > imagemagick and gd2 are totally different programs. to enable imagemagick you will have to have to download and install it yourself.

can you explain to me how are they are different ( i heard that gd_library is like a image library for graphics) also can someone expalin to me how do i make the wamp server 2 options 1 for server and 1 for localhost but working on the same level, i mean to have us able to use a develope and other side for production side i need to change the localhost to my server production so i can fix up some things im having problems with mysql also something with odbc module also mysql_pconnect ?

also how do i make phpbb3 part of my script cause of course its compatable ?

also if someone would be able to help me set up my wamp to have zpanel work id be able to have my website up alot easier on the server side ?

also i need to know how to set up cron jobs and chmod commands ?
** EXAMPLE
1,Setting permissions

Now you need to set permissions for some folders and files. For example, you want to allow the script to read and write information to some folders and files and only read others. Setting permissions is an essential part of the script installation process.
You can do it either of the two following ways:

2. Using SSH client.

You will have to perform the following commands under your SSH prompt:

chmod -v 777 inc banners periodic tmp id_avi id_img id_wav backup gallerychmod -v 777 langs sdating/photo_placechmod -v 666 periodic/cmd.php periodic/notifies.php inc/params.inc.phpchmod -v 666 ray/inc/header.inc.php ray/inc/cron.inc.php
777 means that the objects possessing these permissions will be readable, writable and executable.

666 means that such objects will be readable and writable
Your site will make some periodic actions in order to operate correctly (such as subscriptions, deleting the obsolete database records virtual kisses, etc.). You will have to set some CRON JOBS for that – this is like assignment to your server to do something periodically.

Now you need to actually set up Cron jobs, which you can 2 ways: in CPanel or in SSH.

The commands for your CRON jobs are contained in /periodic/ periodic.file.

Where do i do these special options and commmands on the wamp ??????

Post Edited (04-12-07 04:55)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: loads of questions
Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: April 12, 2007 05:30AM

Hey buddy,

One step at the time.

You didn't even finish one, and already jump to another one???

gd2 is built in w/ this wamp, and if I'm not wrong imagemagic is more powerful and some scripts require it to run

windows doesn't have chmod, but you can use folder property, of course not as good.

w/ cron job, google for some free ones out there

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.net] (testing WAMPS)
[test.jlbn.net] (testing codes)

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: April 12, 2007 03:20PM

first thing you need to know about running wamp as a production server is not a good idea., check out the "WAMP Security Issues" section in my wamp manual to learn why.
http://forum.wampserver.com/read.php?f=2&i=12300&t=12300

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imagemagick
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GD_Graphics_Library

for gods sake do not use zpanel. it is opensource, but its development is not done by very intelligent php developers.

to make phpbb3 part of your site just install it.

cron and chmod are not supported on windows. if you need to use cron, you can use windows services, or download a cron type software for windows. ifyou a are trying to install a script that needs chmod permissions set, just ignore it.
http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_search=soft&words=cron+for+windows

windows does not support ssh. you dont need to worry about that because you are running a server, you dont need to login to it.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Please visit my latest website Clarify Loans:
clarifyloans.com

Like my free support? Help support me by making a donation today!

Date: April 12, 2007 04:38PM

CyberSpatium <------- thanks for your help, seems i was worried about ssh since its not in wamp and not in windows server enterprise 2003 (dedicated server) or lets say i dont know or cant find it, thank you for telling me not to worry about SSH.--->also i had to disable iis in the server 2003 to make wamp apache work for some reason, but thats fine, there using same port i imagine ?
Also is there a cron job utility 1 for "windows" i mean user friendly ?
also my script says .......when i install phpbb3 --------------> my script has a integration where i can upload it to my script (via admin panel) so installing it *same database as script* it says i can do it to integrate it so people cant just get into the phpbb--> they actually have to log in and register to my chat in order to get to the phpbb3 forum,, but if i install to a different database what will actually happen ?---------> if i install it to a different database-------->do i give it like my script full grant permissions since i have to log into as admin ? Thats if i do it your way (just asking) ?
next please, understand im learning as we speak each day so i appolagize for all the questions i ask....!!!

Date: April 12, 2007 05:15PM

> also i had to disable iis in the server 2003
< iis and apache are both webserver and use the same port. if that port is being used apache will not start

> Also is there a cron job utility 1 for "windows"
> check my last post for sourcforge..net link for cron for windows

> also my script says .......when i install phpbb3 --------------> my script has a integration where i can upload it to my script (via admin panel) so installing it *same database as script* it says i can do it to integrate it so people cant just get into the phpbb--> they actually have to log in and register to my chat in order to get to the phpbb3 forum,, but if i install to a different database what will actually happen ?---------> if i install it to a different database-------->do i give it like my script full grant permissions since i have to log into as admin ? Thats if i do it your way (just asking) ?
> huh? post this question in the phpbb support forum, not wamp.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

clarifyloans.com

Date: April 12, 2007 07:41PM

*quote*
Author: CyberSpatium

*to make phpbb3 part of your site just install it

thats what you wrote so i was just asking if i just download like you said to the question that i asked was, will it be a part of my webpage in the www<---root ?
you quotted that i install it like the way it is , so what do i do install it the way you say or the other way i had mentioned, remember there going to say too me if i go to phpbb3 forum to go to my server company for the answers like they have already !
isnt this the wamp5 server that im dealing with at this moment, just asking ?
Im sure lots of people who are new to all of this experiancing this would love to have a forum so thats why im asking ( remmeber i said i was a newbie) well that hasnt changed, but just elaborate what you mean by just install it, with new permissions or the same as my chat script ?
im talking about the database mysql !

Date: April 12, 2007 09:41PM

first thing you need to do is read my wamp manual. read the whole thing.I keep adding new sections to it and updating it, so, it is the best place for you to start. the link to the manual is in my sig.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

clarifyloans.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.