how to change email port
Posted by: techno_man (---.20-57-74.mc.videotron.ca)
Date: April 07, 2007 08:52AM

okay it gives me smtp error (default is 25) i need to change in (php ini) module i think is there a way cause i keep getting errors and i need to change it to 465, im getting errors, please help !

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how to change email port
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: April 07, 2007 04:44PM

wamp does not come with a smtp server, so you can not send email with it. you can however program email into your scripts using your ISP's smtp server using the class phpmailer.

phpmailer.sourceforge.net

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Please visit my latest website Clarify Loans:
clarifyloans.com

Posted by: techno_man (---.20-57-74.mc.videotron.ca)
Date: April 07, 2007 07:34PM

okay, can you explain how to intergrate it into the wamp so we dont get errors upon errors, i feel some would love to know how to do this and im 1 of them for sure would love for you to guide me word for word what to do to intergrate it and program it to work right away, please help me ! thanks much apprecited !

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: April 08, 2007 11:35PM

using a php class is no big deal. you just include the class file like you do when you include any php file (ie: require('some_class.php') )

then you need to initialize the class:
$testing123 = new SomeClass();

then you use the class methods to complete what ever task you need to do.

if you scroll down to the bottom of the main page of the phpmailer website, you will see a great example of how to use the class. just copy it and paste it to your web page. then change some of the variables, and you are ready to go.

if you want to customize the class or add a few extra features to make the class work better for you website, you can easily extend it to your needs.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Please visit my latest website Clarify Loans:
clarifyloans.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.