CuRL
Posted by: Jaggi (---.cable.ubr04.sand.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: April 04, 2007 07:24PM

Ok I've tried everything but no matter what I do curl doesn't work for me. I've updated to the latest version of WAMP, I've turned on the curl extension, I've checked its on in the php.ini file and that all says it should be. Curl extension doesn't show up in my phpinfo file either and when I try to use it I get the dumb error or "curl_init()" is not a function.

what's wrong with wamp and how do i fix it please?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CuRL
Date: April 04, 2007 07:52PM

nm had dupe php.ini files causing the problem.

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: April 05, 2007 11:05AM

also make sure you restart apache after editing your php.ini file for the new settings to take effect.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Please visit my latest website Clarify Loans:
ClarifyLoans.com

Date: April 05, 2007 01:07PM

Yea that wasn't the problem. I was doing that as its a given to do so. The problem was that the php.ini that you edit via the click functions in wamp and the link to the php.ini itself was wrong. Theres another php.ini inside the php directory which had to be edited to things to take effect. Don't know why you have two tho as its very confusing.

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: April 05, 2007 05:35PM

you must have multiple copies of php installed, because the link to edit the php.ini config file in the wamp tray icon menu is correct.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User

Manual/Guide
here!

Please visit my latest website Clarify Loans:
clarifyloans.com

Posted by: Matt (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: June 21, 2007 10:56PM

Yep I had the same problem and it was an extra php.ini from an old install. It seems the uninstall for php (non-wamp) leaves the php.ini in C:/PHP and somehow that gets found first on startup instead of the WAMP php.ini file. Deleting the php.ini in the c:/php and restarting solves the problem.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.