wamp works on localhost at 100% on others at 50%
Posted by: vladimirprieto (---.cm.vtr.net)
Date: March 25, 2007 03:39AM

hi, didn't find a better title for these post...but anyway...

i came here cuz i thought that xampp were the problem. so i uninstalled it and then install wamp (by the way, wamp gives me a fastest way over the configuration) but the problem persist...it the same situation.

i have made a simple php application that everybody must see all over my lan. i use mysql, phplib and little scripts. on localhost everything is ok, but on others machines can connect, login, but when i want to show data (mysql selects) it just show some row...not all of them.

even more, php can't complete html output and the page goes horrible (cuz the html code wasn't complete). this happen just in a second. there's no waiting time. phpmyadmin works fine (cuz is on localhost). so i thought that my code was wrong, but as i said on localhost everything is ok.

also i made phpmyadmin seen by all over the lan, and it works ok (the css doesn't load, but this is jus a little issue). so don't know what really going on, cuz i construct browse tables in a very similar way (like phpmyadmin).

it seems to me that mozilla construct the page in a better way, cuz on IE the page is not shown sometimes, and that's the problem, not always is the same situtation.

i compare php.ini from my ubuntu box, to the wamp php.ini and it is the same configuration. (i can't use linux on this machine)

i really need help here, so please somebody answer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wamp works on localhost at 100% on others at 50%
Posted by: vladimirprieto (---.cm.vtr.net)
Date: March 25, 2007 03:51AM

...another thing!

i have tested it on a linux client and it works! with firefox and IE. so win clients are the problem, no matter what browser is used.

like i said before, any help will be muuuchhh appretiated.

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: March 26, 2007 09:44AM

localhost is only accessible by you. localhost is your local computer. so, if you go to different computer and try to access your computer using localhost, you will no be accessing your computer, you will be accessing the computer you are using.

if you want to allow other computers to access your server, you will need to put it in online mode and it will be accessible by anyone using your ip address.

if you are in a lan setting then things work a little differently. fortunately for you a few days ago i added the "Configuring Apache to Work over your Network" section i just added to my wamp manual (link is in my sig)

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Please visit my latest website Clarify Loans:
ClarifyLoans.com.

Posted by: vladimirprieto (200.72.26.---)
Date: March 26, 2007 02:58PM

thank you for answering CyberSpatium, but all you are saying i already done. why? cuz like i said, other pc are accessing the server, i just only forgot to say that they are accessing it by its ip. so the "conect" is already done.

what i tried to explain, is that all the information grabed from mysql, is not showen on the site...let's say just about 10%. it is like wamp cut html ouput. from time to time i can see extranges characteres all around.

from localhost (i mean typing on the server) it works great! so don't know where to go from here cuz there's no firewall, there's no antivirus, there's nothing at port 80 (i test it with that nice script)...

any other idea?

pd : i already read your wamp manual.

Date: March 26, 2007 10:10PM

when you access your computer locally, using localhost, you dont have to travel over the internet to connect to you server. since it does not have to do that your webpage loads as fast as your computers speed is. however, anyone else who has to connect to your server over the internet the speed is limited by your's and their internet conncection. so, something that take a few seconds for you could take 60 seconds for them. php comes with the maximum execution time set to 30 seconds. so,you need to increase this time so others accessing your computer dont get timed out before they fetch all the data from your database.

open your php.ini file
left click on the wamp tray icon menu -> config files -> php.ini

find:
max_execution_time = 30

change to:
max_execution_time = 60

save the file and restart apache for the new setting to take effect.

now try to access your site again, if it still times out, then increase the max execution time settting again.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

ClarifyLoans.com

Date: March 26, 2007 11:05PM

CyberSpatium is ok what your are explaing, but that a basic thing, wich is not happend here.

there's no 30 seconds of waiting, even more, the page load on less that 1 second (i am guessing cuz it is so short). the point is that page loads in normal time, but it doesn't load good html code.

it like the html code gets corrupt over lan travel.

did i explain it better?

Date: March 26, 2007 11:29PM

make sure you have setup wamp to work correctly on your lan. lucky for you i just added a section to my wamp manual on how to configure apache to work over a network. the link to the manual is in my sig.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

ClarifyLoans.com

Date: March 27, 2007 02:37PM

checked, but its the same. anyway, if other linux client can work fine, its mean that is well "lan configured". like i said before, the problems are windows clients.

also take the pc (server) to another lan (my home lan), wich by the way has another configuration, and the problem is exactly the same. so the "lan configuration" is no the problem.

seems like we are running out of alternatives. sad smiley

Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 27, 2007 11:25PM

So are you sure it's not your codes? I have simple codes in my sig and no matter it's local or global, it's still working the same.

If you don't mind to share your codes, send me the package include db construction, I might spend a little time to check it out for you.

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.com] (testing WAMPS on Vista)
[test.jlbn.com] (testing codes on Vista)

Win Vista Business
Apache 2.2.4
MySQL 5.2.3 F-A
PHP 5.2.1
SSL 0.9.8D

phpMyAdmin 2.10.0.2

Date: March 28, 2007 10:30PM

"So are you sure it's not your codes?"

well, it could be cuz phpmyadmin works on other win clients. but there's one question left. if it were my code, why works with linux clients and not with win clients?

"If you don't mind to share your codes, send me the package include db construction, I might spend a little time to check it out for you."

ok, but...whats your email?

Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 28, 2007 11:29PM

My email? Here we go

yfastud at yahoo dot com

And I hope it's raw codes because I WILL NOT take a risk to run an exe file on my live server

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.com] (testing WAMPS on Vista)
[test.jlbn.com] (testing codes on Vista)

Win Vista Business
Apache 2.2.4
MySQL 5.2.3 F-A
PHP 5.2.1
SSL 0.9.8D

phpMyAdmin 2.10.0.2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.