PHP4 add-on doesn't work on Windows 2003
Posted by: irving (---.telkom.net.id)
Date: March 13, 2007 03:41PM

Hi. I don't know whether this have been reported before, but I've search Google and also this website with no avail.

I use WAMP5 1.7.0 (Apache 2.2.4, PHP 5.2.1) on my XP SP2 machine. Since I want to try Eventum and it seems to require PHP4, I also use PHP4.4.5 Add-On. I have no issue whatsoever, switching back-and-forth between PHP5 and PHP4.

However, when I installed WAMP5 and the PHP4 add-on on my production machine (Windows 2003), I can not start Apache when switched to PHP4. The error message in the Event Viewer: Cannot load C:/wamp/php4/sapi/php4apache2.dll into server.

I have verified that the file is there. Googling give me a few suggestions, like copying php4apache2.dll to the php root, or someother dll to the sapi directory, but still failed. I saw a bug entry with the same error in Apache website, but it said the dll is compiled to Apache 2.0 and not 2.2. So now I'm confused :-)

Anyone found the same problem as I am?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PHP4 add-on doesn't work on Windows 2003
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: March 13, 2007 08:44PM

try uninstalling wamp, remove the whole wamp folder then reinstall again. also, wamp was designed for local testing and development, not to be a production server. it is very insecure, and uses the latest releases of apache, php, mysql, etc. which are not been throughly tested for production boxes.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Posted by: irving (202.147.226.---)
Date: March 14, 2007 07:49AM

Sorry forgot to mention that I already tried that process. I uninstall wamp5, delete di entire c:\wamp directory, and then re-install wamp5 (and the php4 add-on). It still doesn't work. Or do I need to restart before re-intall?

I'm currently downloading wamp5 1.6.6 (apache 2.0) and the related php4 add-on to test whether this is a specific apache 2.2 problem or not.

Sorry to mention about that "production" server; actually, it is for internal applications only. We know the risk of putting wamp on the production server. If there is any problem, we won't blame wamp for it. But still, the kind of error that I got should receive some kind of investigation, right?

I will also try to install 1.7.0 to another Windows 2003 machine, just to be sure. But can't you try to replicate the problem?

Posted by: irving (---.centrin.net.id)
Date: March 14, 2007 11:13AM

Okay, it is confirmed, wamp5 1.6.6 (plus PHP4 add-on) works fine with Windows 2003.

So, now, what's the conclusion?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.