IIS and WAMP
Posted by: DACS (---.104.155.117.pldt.net)
Date: March 02, 2007 02:31PM

Hi ! I have an installed IIS in my windows xp and after i've installed the WAMP5 and its says "1 of 2 services running - server online". When I am about to use my PHP page , the localhost is not working for my PHP page instead, a IIS help page appears? How am I going to rid of this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: IIS and WAMP
Posted by: Murkey Dismal (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: March 02, 2007 04:30PM

DACS,

IIS and WAMP both try to use port 80. Configure one or other to run on Port 8080 this will allow both servers to run. You will have to specify the port number in the url e.g. [localhost] If you only want to run WAMP go into control panel / administrative tools / Internet Information Services highlight the Default Web Site and stop the item.

I find it easier to stop and start the service as I need, rather than mess about with address:port changes.

Posted by: DACS (---.104.157.111.pldt.net)
Date: March 02, 2007 05:02PM

How am I going to configure WAMP to run to different port??? Is there any guide to this? Upon your given example port 8080, how am i going to configure this? Thanks!

Posted by: DACS (---.104.157.111.pldt.net)
Date: March 02, 2007 05:10PM

Is ther any tutorial in this WAMP on how to setup a basic thing to run a PHP page?

Posted by: Murkey Dismal (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: March 02, 2007 07:39PM

You will have to alter the httpd.conf file located in [drive]\wamp\Apache2\conf\ make sure that you make a copy of it first (better safe than sorry) ; )

Change line 53 from:-
Listen 80
TO
Listen 8080

Change line 143 from:-
ServerName localhost:80
TO
ServerName localhost:8080

Restart Apache and remember that all addresses for the wampserver must now start:-
[localhost]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.