Wamp5 all services running but still not working
Posted by: Gravesent (---.rdsnet.ro)
Date: February 25, 2007 02:37PM

I installed the latest version of wamp5 with no errors, all services are running but when I type localhost in my browser the page doesn't load, I tried all the browsers I have, IE6 Firefox 2.0.0.2 and all behave the same... I've also tried older versions of wamp5 and they all act the same, it's as if some firewall would prevent me from accesing the server with my browser but I disabled my antivirus and firewall and still the same.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wamp5 all services running but still not working
Posted by: redundant (---.187-72.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: February 26, 2007 04:45AM

Did you resolve this issue? Couple similar threads in forum (i am having same problem).

Post Edited (02-26-07 04:45)

Posted by: asherritt (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: February 26, 2007 10:05PM

Disabling IIS was the first thing I did, as well as disabling all firewalls. So all this latest experimentation has been done minus IIS and wirewalls.

The problem I'm having and the other people has to be something more incedious, or sneakly easy

Posted by: Gravesent (---.rdsnet.ro)
Date: February 27, 2007 09:47PM

Agreed, there must be something we're missing, at work I have no problems running it, I'll try to find out why it workes there, I've had it at home before and it worked fine, I also both installed and enabled then disabled IIS with no change in the way wamp behaves, I also disabled firewall and antivirus software and eliminated all even remotely suspect proceses from startap..

There is one thing that might provide a clue, while my browser tryes to access localhost it uses 90% or more of the processor and if I try to access any other site from the web it won't work untill I close the tab that's searching for localhost.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.