WAMP has stopped working
Posted by: lordy (---.demon.co.uk)
Date: February 23, 2007 01:21PM

Hey guys,

I have been using wamp5 for about 6 months or so now and have never had any problems. Recently i noticed that the services were not starting when i start wamp server and didnt pay much attention to it as i wasnt using it for the last couple of weeks.

I now need to test a bog standard html site locally and i also want to start testing a joomla powered site locally but for some reason it is saying page not found when i go to localhost directory.

None of the services are running and im not sure why they have all of a sudden stopped. I tried restarting them manually with no joy, i then unistalled the services and reinstalled but still no joy. Finally i unistalled wamp5 completely from my system and deleted all files moveing my sites to another folder.

I then got the latest version of wamp5 being 1.7.0 from the wamp website. restarted machine, installed wamp, restarted machine again and still no joy. every now and a again i do get an error but there doesnt seem to be any pattern for the error showing up.

The error that pops up is:

<<<

Title: Aestan Tray Menu

Could not execute menu item (internal error) [exception] Could not perform service action: The service has not been started.

>>>

I am running windows XP Pro and as i mentioned i have successfully had wamp workig for some time and now out of no where it has broken down on me.

If anyone has exeperieinced this and has a fix please let me know or if you know where i can get some support please let me know.

If i can not fix the problem does anyone else no of another service similar to wamp that i can use. I dont like the idea of installing the services indiviually like i used to so something like wamp where its all in a bundle would be a help to get me back on my feet.

Thanks in advance

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP has stopped working
Posted by: mcbassman (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: May 03, 2007 01:03PM

Could anyone help?

I am suffering from exactly the same problem as above. I've only been running WAMP for about a week now and i've built myself a nice little site. But now I can't get WAMP to run at all. The server is online but the services refuse to run. What can I do?

Is there a way to fix this? I have read the manual but to no avail.

Or is there a way for me to back up my files and database and start again? Would that work? I don't want to lose my whole site!!

Cheers

Posted by: Herteby (---.tbcn.telia.com)
Date: May 03, 2007 04:50PM

Try Apache > Test Port 80 from the tray menu, perhaps some evil program like Skype is using it.

Date: May 04, 2007 12:26AM

I tested Port 80. "Not actually used". Never gone near Skype!

Date: May 05, 2007 01:47PM

ok well if it can't be fixed...

can i take all my files and somehow start again? how do i do this?

Posted by: azbiza (---.cibernet.ro)
Date: May 09, 2007 02:22PM

backup your files an reinstall wamp (or do a windows reinstall too, or better put linux on your pc )

Date: May 09, 2007 02:24PM

what do i just copy the files from the www folder?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.