WAMP and PHPMailer ?
Posted by: gdpodesta (71.39.88.---)
Date: February 18, 2007 10:50PM

I'm confused....does WampServer include PHPMailer? If so, how does one "enable" it. Am new to all of this Apache/PHP stufff, and can't figure out if I have to install something to have that function work or not. I've got Joomla, it's an option (that doens't work as is), and all the posts seem to be about getting SMTP to work....I just want to know what to do to get PHPMailer to work.

Thanks ANYbody smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP and PHPMailer ?
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: February 19, 2007 12:48AM

phpmailer is a php class that helps you write php code for handling emails. it is not an smtp server and does not send emails. wamp does not come with a smtp server, so you can not send emails with it.

CyberSpatium
WAMP English Forum Admin
--------------------------------------

like my free support? help support me by checking out my new Newbie Webmaster Development Forum dedicated to the newbie webmaster here:
www.WebDevNewbie.com

Posted by: gdpodesta (71.39.88.---)
Date: February 19, 2007 01:06AM

Thank you for that smiling smiley I understand that it isn't an email server. I'm using Joomla, and the only mail options are "PHPMailer, SendMail, and SMTP". Well, for a number of unrelated reasons, I can't use SMTP, and all the forums talk about PHPMailer as though it "just works". For this reason, I'm trying to understand what I'm doing/not doing that is preventing it from working properly.

Additionally, I've now isolated it as follows:
Linux + Joomla --> PhpMail WORKS
Linux + Joomla + Community Builder = PhpMail WORKS
WAMP + Joomla = PhpMail does NOT work
WAMP + Joomla + Community Builder does NOT work
All are identical installations of Joomla, only variable is the Linux/Wamp

Please, anyone....I love WAMP, am sure it's a setting of some kind, but am not experienced enough to know where/what needs to be adjusted.

Post Edited (02-19-07 03:57)

Posted by: kwpott (---.dhcp.aldl.mi.charter.com)
Date: May 28, 2007 04:25PM

I'm having the exact same problem. I hope someone helps us.

kwpott

Posted by: TwistedChaos (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: May 28, 2007 08:59PM

i will test this out and lt you know.... where did you download each of your softs?
i have both versins of joomla and i have wamp 1.7.1a..... i need to know where you got your PhpMailer from.....and Community Builder thanx

also what OS are you running this on? Vista XP or 2000....

thanx

A Massive Heart Attack = Computer Crash sad smiley

I am a member of CAF -> Computer Addicts Forever smiling smiley

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: May 29, 2007 06:59AM

phpmailer is not a program like sendmail it is a bunch of php scripts composing a php class. you can not just upload the package on your server and expect it to mail for you. you need to code that into your php scripts.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Web Development for Newbie's Blog

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.