Vista WAMP local host problem
Posted by: ckworld (---.dsl.ip.tiscali.nl)
Date: February 04, 2007 09:51AM

Using Vista Buseniss, installed latest WAMP. All services running, test port 80 oké (Apache/2.0.59 (Win32) PHP/5.2.0 Server at localhost Port 80). Local host gives internal server errror. I started WAMP as administrator, did not fix the problem.
No connection to local host !!

Any answers ??

Post Edited (02-04-07 09:52)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vista WAMP local host problem
Posted by: roms (---.fbx.proxad.net)
Date: February 04, 2007 06:17PM

Right click on wampserver.exe, choose properties and check "run as admin".

Romain

Posted by: PJkinann (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: February 05, 2007 03:29AM

that solution keeps being given for ANY problem with Wamp and Vista. I do believe you really do NOT have a solution, because that one so far has not worked.

PJ

Posted by: ShadowDrakken (---.hsd1.ks.comcast.net)
Date: February 05, 2007 11:25PM

I was having the same problem, I discovered Vista has a built in webserver (other than IIS) that it uses with some of it's local networking features

it's safe to disable this service, I don't see where it had any effect on any of Vista's features

the server is called "World Wide Web Publishing Service" in the Services snap-in, and obscures itself as "SYSTEM" on the task manager, so just disable the service and all si well!

Posted by: PJkinann (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 06, 2007 03:56AM

Hmmm....I wonder if that is somehow affecting the WAMP server to run properly? I'll have to check that out.

I noticed tonight when I shut off the services (which works from the little menu in the task bar) then when I go to restart it, it will not start from the menu; however, when I go to the actual program and right-click and start WAMP from there, it now tells me Windows cannot find WAMP, and then a second later I see the icon in the task bar switch to on.

So at least I CAN start it that way.

And it seems strange that if I send the program icon to the desktop that it won't start there, but it'll start when I locate it in the Program menu.

Weird. But I am going to look into the sesrver you are talking about, because maybe it is interferring with the WAMP, even though I know WAMP is on Port 80 because I checked it out.

Thank you again for the suggestion. I'll keep trying this stuff until something works, but at least I can go through a few steps and get it running, better than not being able to run it at all.

I love WAMP! yawning smiley)

PJ

Posted by: PJkinann (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 06, 2007 03:59AM

>>>>>>server is called "World Wide Web Publishing Service" in the Services snap-in, and obscures itself as "SYSTEM" on the task manager, so just disable the service and all si well!<<<<<

Could you give me a clue where I'd find that? I did a search for WWWPublishing Service but it brought up nothing. And I don't know what the Services Snap-in is.

Thank you.

Post Edited (02-06-07 03:59)

PJ

Posted by: braf (213.1.247.---)
Date: February 06, 2007 03:19PM

Yo guys

Ive had the same problem with my vista and wamp but i seem to have fixed it.

First of you can set it to run as administrator to run it automatically by right clicking on wampserver.exe and in the compatablity tab tick run as administrator.
For me this fixed apache but mysql still wouldnt work.

Second for MySQL i stumbled accross the solution of going into the wamp folder navigating to mysql then to data and deleting
ib_logfile0
ib_logfile1
and then tried running the service again and it worked

Hope this helps some people

Posted by: GaryD (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: February 06, 2007 04:18PM

>>>>Could you give me a clue where I'd find that? I did a search for WWWPublishing Service but it brought up nothing. And I don't know what the Services Snap-in is.<<<<<

to find the service list click the start menu and type run to get the run dialog, in the run dialog type mmc.exe. it should ask you to allow the program to run so let it then once mmc.exe is running you will get a window open mine says console 1 as the title.

click file > Add/Remove snap in...

a new window opens click on services in the left window click the add button, another window appears click finish on that then ok on the previous window and it should display your services you have installed.

ive just had a quick look and i cant see World Wide Web Publishing Service in my service list.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.