WAMP on a network
Posted by: agent22 (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: January 27, 2007 10:20PM

I have about 5 comps in my house. I'm trying to have WAMP so it will be able to be activated and used with all the computers in the network. I have WAMP installed on a external hardrive that is shared. On one of the computers I mapped the network so the shared part of the external hardrive is the Z: drive. I can get it to work, but apache an mysql won't work. An error comes up that says:

Could no execute menu item(internal error)
[Exception] Could not execute run action:
The system could not find the path specified

That is when I try to test the Apache port, install the Apache service, Remove Apache Service, Start MySQL console, Start/Resume MySQL Service, Install MySQL Service, Remove MySQL Service, and when I try to Put it Offline.

Thanks in advance

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP on a network
Posted by: geo (---.home.cgocable.net)
Date: January 28, 2007 04:45AM

Are you trying to access the server by browsing to Zmoody smiley

You need to use the name of the computer to access the shared web folder. Whatever folder that apache has set as its root web folder will be what you see when you browse to [computername]

Presumably, if you have set the root web folder on your external hard drive mapped locally on your computer at Z: then that will be where apache will look.

Post Edited (01-28-07 04:46)

Re: WAMP on a network
Posted by: agent22 (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: January 28, 2007 04:55AM

Yeah. I figured that out like an hour after my post. Because where it is originnally installed is a hard drive that is E:. So I had to remap the hard drive so its E: on this comp. But MySQL and Apache still won't work.

Re: WAMP on a network - ERROR massage
Posted by: arif (203.189.230.---)
Date: January 28, 2007 05:06AM

Could no execute menu item(internal error)
[Exception] Could not execute run action:
An internal service is already running.

problem is the above message. when i start machine i see the wampserver disable. after clicking the 'start all services' the above message appears. plz help me to solve the problem. i will be very greatful if someone mail with the solution of that problem. i am very unhappy with that problem.

my address is: arifrj@gmail.com

thanks.

Post Edited (01-28-07 05:09)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.