php and firefox problem
Posted by: Jason (---.ss.shawcable.net)
Date: December 11, 2006 09:43AM

Installed my wamp and the tested it. Works fine but when I click the link for phpmyadmin, it tries to download it instead of opening it up. Been searching the net for hours now, driving me mad,lol. Any ideas anybody? I checked my tools, options, content, manage but it doesn't have anything pertaining to php files in there.

Thanks for any help at all guys.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: php and firefox problem
Posted by: Mark Jones (---.buckeyecom.net)
Date: December 11, 2006 11:01AM

Hi Jason, you could try looking under Tools --> Options --> Content --> Manage File Types. If nothing relevant is listed in there, I know there is a way to show all entries by going to ABOUT:CONFIG in the URL bar, but forget exactly what to change. If needed, you could ask on Mozillazine.org under the FF forums, those guys should know. :-)

Posted by: jason101 (---.ss.shawcable.net)
Date: December 11, 2006 09:52PM

Does anybody know how to fix this problem? You can't fix it under Manage File Types.

Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: December 11, 2006 10:22PM

can you access it w/ ie?

Date: December 11, 2006 10:35PM

I don't even want to touch IE anymore. That browser is hi-jack central! I disabled it anyways, can't use IE anymore. If I can't get it to work in Firefox, then I will not use wamp. Firefox saves me so many headaches.

If anybody knows how to make Firefox actually open a php file instead of trying to download it, let me know!

For the record, Tools --> Options --> Content --> Manage File Types, will not fix this problem.

The suggestion for the about:config looks interesting but I can't find anything so far surfing the net.

I also tried increasing the cache size from 50 to 100 and this did nothing.

Peace!

Date: December 11, 2006 10:38PM

Also, I installed phpbb3 to use as a forum and this works. Why would it have trouble with phpmyadmin and my sqlight manager and not the initial setup of phpbb3? I would rip out my hair right about now but i shave my head so thats out of the question,lol.

Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: December 11, 2006 11:05PM

I just want to check if you can get access to your phpmyadmin and sqlitemanager, so if you can't open them w/ ie, you've already have the problem when installing wamp. If you like ie, try w/ different browser than firefox just to test access to phpmyadmin and sqlitemanager.

Date: December 11, 2006 11:22PM

Just checked myphpadmin and my sqlightmanager in firefox again. Now the sqlightmanager works. Wtf? The myphpadmin still doesn't work but now it displays "The requested URL /phpmyadmin/ was not found on this server."

I am not installing another web browser to check anything and I am definatley not using IE ever again. I don't need to test with another browser because it worked before with Firefox.

Not sure why I have this problem now. It worked before when I installed it and tested it on this machine.

Very strange problem.

Date: December 11, 2006 11:39PM

I wonder if zone alarm has anything to do with this? Man I hate this firewall. Anybody know any better ones? Or is windows xp pro firewall ok to use?

Posted by: Mark Jones (---.buckeyecom.net)
Date: December 12, 2006 12:05AM

Outpost Pro is quickly gaining popularity:

[www.agnitum.com]

Posted by: jason101 (---.wp.shawcable.net)
Date: December 12, 2006 03:58AM

I rienstalled windows and all my ****, seems to work fine now. Grrrr what a pain in the ass.

Posted by: jason101 (---.wp.shawcable.net)
Date: December 12, 2006 07:10PM

You can say ass here but not **** lol !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.