(111) connection refused
Posted by: gossie (---.solcon.nl)
Date: December 08, 2006 10:02PM

i didn't have problem with wamp untill i got a new router. when i trie to visit 'localhost' now, i get an error. connection failed: (111) Connection refused. i know how to edit settings of my router, but i don't know what to edit to solve this problem.
it doesn't help to shut down the firewall. so that can't be the problem. windows firewall is turned off.
anyone knows what settings must be edited (in the router config)?

gr,
gossie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: (111) connection refused
Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: December 09, 2006 05:44PM

Did you setup port forward? Check my old post here, remember different router has different appearance but should has same feature

[forum.wampserver.com]

Date: December 09, 2006 08:29PM

things from your older post:
1. Disable Windows firewall -> done

2. Enable port 80 in 3-party firewall -> never had problems before i had the new router. i don't think firewall should be the problem.

3. Enable portforward in router -> in wamp i can do: APACHE > Test Port 80.
It says: your port is actually used by: server: Apache.. etc.
this means that port 80 is enabled and i don't have to setup port forward, right?

i still get the '(111) connecton refused' error.

btw: i've got a "linksys wireless - g: broadband router"

Post Edited (12-09-06 21:51)

Date: December 09, 2006 11:54PM

2. Enable port 80 in 3-party firewall -> never had problems before i had the new router. i don't think firewall should be the problem.

3. Enable portforward in router -> in wamp i can do: APACHE > Test Port 80.
this means that port 80 is enabled and i don't have to setup port forward, right?

Yes, you do have problem: firewall lock incoming data and no traffic will get to your server w/o port forward

connecting my web page to mysql
Posted by: fnsubuga (196.0.6.---)
Date: December 11, 2006 11:00AM

I have designed a web page with forms and some tables in mysql using wamp server. I would like to connect these froms to my tables in mysql such that when i insert into the tables using froms. when i was using mysql i never had a user name and a password. Pliz write me th php code to use and to which folder do i keep my webpages.

Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: December 11, 2006 02:06PM

check my old post here for setup

[forum.wampserver.com]

Date: December 11, 2006 04:22PM

yeah, but i told you that 'it doesn't help when i shut down the firewall'. so if i close the firewall and then try to visit 'localhost' it still gives the error. this means that firewall isn't the (only) thing that is refusing connection.
i use sygate as a firewall. i made an advanced rule for apache.exe and mysql-nt.exe, allowing all trafic on all ports for those programs.

But, read this:
if i click on the wamp icon right under in the screen,
i can do: APACHE > Test Port 80.

BTW: i noticed that it doesn't matter whether i have WampServer on or off. In both cases i get (111) connection refused, when i try to visit 'localhost' in m web browser.

Post Edited (12-11-06 16:27)

Date: December 11, 2006 06:12PM

he he ;-), you're so stubborn, huh? It means if you don't see it in action, you won't accept it, right? OK, here we go. Check each of all my sites here; if you pay attention, there are 3 main things need to have port forward that are ftp server, mail server, and web server include web pages, web album, forum, so on; after that, let me know which one you want to test, I will temporaly disable port forward for that one and you will see you still able to access the other two but not the one w/ port forward disable.

[www.jlbn.com]
[test.jlbn.com]
[mail.jlbn.com]
[forum.jlbn.com]
[ftp.jlbn.com]
[jlbn.com]
[jlbn.com]

Date: December 12, 2006 05:08PM

Hey thx for the help dude. i appreciate that. i'm sorry to say that i had to find it out myself. i hope i didn't waste your time winking smiley/ somehow i came on the idea to visit [portforward.com]. i checked the guide for my version of router and noticed that i had to set a static ip before being able to portfw. must be very noobish, but i just didn't know. after setting a static ip i wamp was working! i already portforwarded router settings, but because i didnt had a static ip it didnt work. firewall wasnt the problem.
so next time you help a noob: please tell him to set a static ip and visit portfoward.com.
anyway i'm very glad its working now. may i have the problem again then i know what to do.
gr,
gossie

Post Edited (12-12-06 21:51)

Date: December 13, 2006 01:06AM

Did you setup port forward? Check my old post here, remember different router has different appearance but should has same feature

[forum.wampserver.com]

I did suggested you to check it before. BTW, portforward.com is not always a good choice, better do it manually. You would know it if you check the post above, in which I help a new user successfully to do port forward manually because he had a problem after using porforward.com

Post Edited (12-13-06 01:13)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: December 13, 2006 08:20AM

yes but i already stopped reading that post when i came to step 3.
3. Reset your router to manufacture default. i didnt want any problems with my connection. but yeah, sry that i didn't notice.

Date: December 13, 2006 08:26AM

somehow i get this problem again. today i try to visit localhost and i get the error again confused smiley. wtf, why that? i thought i fixed it, but no!

Date: December 13, 2006 01:55PM

yes but i already stopped reading that post when i came to step 3.
3. Reset your router to manufacture default. i didnt want any problems with my connection. but yeah, sry that i didn't notice.

His router already had problem after using portforward.com and need to reset. Yours doesn't have to.

somehow i get this problem again. today i try to visit localhost and i get the error again confused smiley. wtf, why that? i thought i fixed it, but no!

did you edit or install any soft/hardware after that?

Date: December 13, 2006 03:30PM

no. i just shut down my pc and the next day i tried it wasnt working anymore. so i was testing some things with the static ip etc and then it was working again. now i came back from school and started up the pc. for the 2nd time it wasnt working. but the biggest problem is that i dont manage to fix it this time. and even if i will, everytime i restart it doesn't seem to work anymore. yesterday i was so happy to have the stuff working, now i'm really sad sad smiley.

Date: December 13, 2006 06:13PM

he he ;-) so you have more fun

actually, after your computer reboot, it might get new ip which is not the ip your router forward to, so either set static ip for your computer or reserve that ip in router, better the lowest ip, the one just next to router's ip

Date: December 13, 2006 10:09PM

i try alot of things and where i usually only use firefox, i used IE. and guess what? it worked. no probs. do you understand? i'm glad that it works, but i rather have it in my favorite browser. hihi

Date: December 14, 2006 12:34AM

In that case, wonder what extension/add-on you have w/ your firefox since I never have problem w/ it. BTW, can you use your firefox to access all my sites listed above?

Date: December 14, 2006 02:03PM

No, at the moment i can't load any of those pages listed above. with firefox nor with IE. it says 'the page is not available'. i tried those pages a few days ago. i could acces them then. did you close a port then?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.