problem with loging in to administration
Posted by: zoole (212.200.52.---)
Date: December 03, 2006 04:56AM

Im not sure that this is the good place for this post, but i hope it is smiling smiley
so here is my problem (sorry for bad english im hungarian) :
im used wamp 1.6.5 about 5-6 months, for local testing of some cms and scripts, im working with DW so wamp was a good help with it, anyway, everything was ok, but i needed to do a format c: and i reinstalled wamp, and its working ok, but...after installing let say a cms, when im tring to login to administration nothing happening, apsolutly nothing, im kicking on login button and im back on the login screen...i cant login to administration...and thats the way with all things cms scripts that i was try...and i cant figure out why thats happening, so if anyone can give me some help this...

im just a noob smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: problem with loging in to administration
Posted by: yfastud (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: December 03, 2006 06:49AM

how did you backup your cms and reinstall it? and what version of wampserver are you using now?

Date: December 03, 2006 09:06AM

Im using the same server 1.6.5 , but its not about backing up the cms...it was a sample for describe the problem, after installing a fresh copy of any cms or whatever wher i have admin section, i cant login to administration, lets say with joomla after klick on login button i m redirected to same page...to login screen just like i didnt pushed the button and it says that i need to be logged in...i searched the net and i found just some similar problems...and they say that is something with cookys acceptions...but i tryed out everything and doesnt work...

Date: December 03, 2006 06:37PM

did you create database, user and password for that cms before installing?

Date: December 04, 2006 11:05AM

yes i did smiling smiley the frontend of every cms is working, i just cant login to admin section, it seems like everything is working, but after i klick on login button nothing happen...just like i didnt have klick the button.
And there is another strange thing, i dont know is that the part of this problem, but when i open phpmyadmin the charakters on the page (MySQL - 5.0.24a-community-nt and phpMyAdmin - 2.8.2.4) text is messed up...they are BIG...i can make databases and doing everything what i want in myadmin, except changing the Theme/Style, thats not working.
And i tryed to install a cms on a free hosting, just to check it out is the problem on my mashine, and there is working fine, i can login without problem.

Posted by: cswei (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 06, 2006 11:43PM

I got the same problem just after a new installation of wamp

Date: December 07, 2006 06:42AM

well i got so far with this that i know that cookys are not enabled...i just tryed the woting thing with joomla in frontend, and its say that "Cookies must be enabled!" ... but i have cookys enabled, and i tryed to set minimum level in privacy..and ist the same...cant accept cookys in localhost, and if i put the server online, its the same, i cheked out all options in firewall, and its seems to be ok... i dont know what more to do ...
cswei what firewall are u using?

Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: December 07, 2006 02:34PM

Just a little curious, do you guys have a domain? I'm not sure I didn't spend enough time w/ it or it just can't work w/ localhost, but it works like a champ after setup w/ real domain in the same computer.

Post Edited (12-07-06 14:40)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: malexs (---.prod-infinitum.com.mx)
Date: July 20, 2007 06:12AM

ok im getting the same problem..
I was using wamp, i backed up the joomla directory and the mysql directory that has the joomla database in.
I then reinstalled windows..
reinstalled wamp and copied the two directories back in place, (ie. joomla into the www dir and the databse dir under mysql/data)

everything seems to work, but i cannot log in, i get an error that cookies are nto enabled.

The odd thing is that when i try to log into phpmyadmin (http://localhost/phpmyadmin/) i also get the similar error saying that i need to enable cookies (Cookies must be enabled past this point.). Yet this is a fresh install and i have not done anything yet with phpmyadmin..

im just running this off my local pc for dev purposes.. any ideas?

Date: July 20, 2007 05:51PM

For mysql, you should use Export from phpmyadmin or use function mysqldump through mysql consol

mysqldump --tab=/path/to/some/dir --opt db_name

For joomla, you should use JoomlaCloner

[extensions.joomla.org]

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.net] (Basic Guide for WAMP)

Posted by: zoole (---.tippnet.co.yu)
Date: July 20, 2007 06:40PM

well..this was almoust a year ago...and i remember this problem, becouse i have it again smiling smiley i just dont have time to solve it, unfortunetly the only thing that i remember is that the problem was in the FIREWALL, it doesnt accepted cookies on localhost, i used then zonealarm and i solved the prob...some options or ...really dont remember sad smiley so chek the FIREWALL settings, its no use of turning it off...that will not help ! chek all options in firewall, find the cookys part of it smiling smiley

Date: July 20, 2007 08:16PM

Thanks guys,
Thanks yfastud, when i backedup i did do an sql export and also backed up the folder just in case. The thing that got me was the cookie error in phpmyadmin (as well as with joomla).

I installed JSAS which is an equivilent of wamp but customised for joomla and I didnt get any of the cookie issues.

Thanks for the heads up Zoole, I also found this post [forums.zonealarm.com] that says that it is to do with the privacy settings in Zone alarm. When I turn them off Wamp works fine. smiling smiley

Its odd however that JSAS can work around this but WAMP gets stuck.. even weirder how i used to have wamp and ZA working without having to do this.. oh well.. Im getting annoyed with ZA so i will probably change that soon anyway.

thanks for your help guys.

Date: July 20, 2007 09:02PM

I've checked JSAS, and it's only up to 5 Joomla so far while wamp + vh can have as many as you wish; so, when you figure out how to eliminate that problem, you should stick w/ wamp for more flexible developments. I'm hosting for more than 100+ sites and 10+ sites using Joomla w/o any problem. Just my 2-cents.

Have fun,

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: July 22, 2007 03:30PM

this forum is for wamp support only. you need to post this question in the support area for whatever script you are using.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Date: July 23, 2007 06:38PM

CyberSpatium, this was wamp related, it was about a firewall blocking cookies from wamp.

thanks yfastud. yeah the problem was solved by turning off all privacy settings in Zone Alarm.
I do much prefer wamp over jsas, although note that while jsas supports 5 joomla's from the front end, you can still create as many sites as you wish just by normally installing them. But its no where near as elegant or flexible as wamp though. (ps. whats the vh in "wamp + vh" mean?)

well all is working and im happy, so thanks all for your help.

Date: July 24, 2007 01:23AM

I don't use ZA, so not sure it's a good idea to "turning off all privacy settings in Zone Alarm" so suggest that you should figure out how to set it up properly.

VH is Virtual Host and you can set as many as you want, of course depends on how powerful your system is. Another benefit is you can setup some other cms or blogs such as php nuke, php nuke platinum, php nuke evolution, Mambo, Drupal, mediawiki, so on, I mean a lot of other things.

Have fun,

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.